AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having recently finished Batman AA. I am kinda bummed now that I don't have a good action game to play.

Is there anything good on the 360 for March, I know that alot of Developers wanted to get out of the way for God of War 3, because that will dominate.

But the 360 community needs something.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Are you talking about all games? Or just action?

Bad Comapny 2 came out on tuesday. FF 13 comes out next week.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cold /forum/post/18255430

But the 360 community needs something.

Because you've already beaten/finished all the other good titles that came out between when "Arkham Asylum" came out in August and now, you mean? I guess I don't understand the implied claim that there's a paucity of good games for the Xbox 360. Most folks I know are still working on games from months past and aren't exactly strapped for solid titles.

Consider in the date period I described (in chronological order):

Halo 3: ODST

Brutal Legend

Borderlands

Dragon Age: Origins

Lego Rock Band

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Assassin's Creed II

Left 4 Dead 2

Darksiders

Bayonetta

Mass Effect 2

BioShock 2

Dante's Inferno

·
Registered
4,666 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slordak /forum/post/18256131

Because you've already beaten/finished all the other good titles that came out between when "Arkham Asylum" came out in August and now, you mean? I guess I don't understand the implied claim that there's a paucity of good games for the Xbox 360. Most folks I know are still working on games from months past and aren't exactly strapped for solid titles.

Consider in the date period I described (in chronological order):

Halo 3: ODST

Brutal Legend

Borderlands

Dragon Age: Origins

Lego Rock Band

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Assassin's Creed II

Left 4 Dead 2

Darksiders

Bayonetta

Mass Effect 2

BioShock 2

Dante's Inferno

Why did you post a list that's half bad games??

·
Registered
781 Posts
That looks like a pretty solid list to me.

Though I've not played Lego Rock Band and Darksiders.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow /forum/post/18256274

I merely attempted to provide a broad selection of games that people have enjoyed. Not everyone will like every game, of course, but it seems likely that everyone will find some number of titles in that listing that they enjoy. Hence, assuming you're not strictly locked into one sub-genre, you've probably seen a decent number of Xbox 360 titles emerge in the last 6 months.

Incidentally, I find a lot of people assert that a game is "bad" when they themselves haven't really taken any time to investigate it. You don't have to play a title or demo, necessarily, but you may want to look into several reviews and word of mouth before you pronounce it beneath you. Quite a few folks dismissed "Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise" based on the fact that it was colorful and family-friendly, completely ignoring the fact that there's a relatively nifty game under there.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Viva Pinata is a awesome and very addicting game.

I never got around to the sequel though. I've always wanted to see how well

the co-op was implemented.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by modiGTI /forum/post/18256532

Viva Pinata is a awesome and very addicting game.

I never got around to the sequel though. I've always wanted to see how well

the co-op was implemented.

Ahh, see, someone with an open mind! As far as the "sequel" goes, if you played "Viva Pinata", you basically played "Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise". It's really just the same game with a few new species and some extra goals, plus a handful of overall enhancements. Think of it as "Viva Pinata Deluxe" rather than a whole new game.

In either case, one thing I did notice is that both games received a substantial benefit from a hard drive install, since otherwise the item and seed buying interfaces had some nasty loading times.

Back to the topic at hand... There are probably over 50 solid Xbox 360 games available at this point in the console's life cycle, and even realizing that only some percentage of them will interest a given player, most gamers have probably not played all of the titles they'd really be into. As a result, I don't think every month needs to have a blockbuster. Although, yeah, we do get "Final Fantasy XIII" shortly, so there you go.

·
Registered
755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow /forum/post/18256274

Remind me to never take your opinion of games to heart.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
list looks solid to me, different people have different tastes, but i could easily enjoy at least 80% of it, if not more.

speaking of backlog, there are actually a few games on that list that i havent gotten to yet, and can't wait to do so.... mw2 and bad company 2 are taking all of my time right now though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts