AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a new progreesive player for a 65" TV, as well as good audio output for CD's. I cannot believe that many of the 'better' players do not show time remaining for a movie. I was thinking Denon 1600 first, and a few others, then I decided yesterday that the Panny CP-72 would work for a while, and that too doesn't have remaining time. I know it's not the most important feature on a plyer, but it's something I use and I just keep hearing how frustrated some are about it. I figured it would be easy to find a good player, but such a stupid oversight is making me hesitant.

Thanks for any opinions.

Todd

·
Registered
931 Posts
I know the XP 30 does if you hit the display button two or three times while a movie is playing. It will show time elapsed first and then time remaining when you hit display again.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by F4Boy
I need to get a new progreesive player for a 65" TV, as well as good audio output for CD's. I cannot believe that many of the 'better' players do not show time remaining for a movie. I was thinking Denon 1600 first, and a few others, then I decided yesterday that the Panny CP-72 would work for a while, and that too doesn't have remaining time.
The CP72 does show time remaining on DVD-V by using the "display" button (see page 18 in the manual).

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
That "display" button on the CP-72 is a terrific feature. Not only will it show you time remaining, you can use it to change almost anything on the fly: progressive on/off, choose subtitles and/or audio tracks (including switching between a commentary track and one of the main tracks), changing display mode and filter settings and seeing the effect. A really nice piece of human engineering that isn't highlighted as well as it should be in the manual.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot guys for that info on the CP-72! I'm getting it tomorrow. This forum, along with all it's members is priceless for on the spot info. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.