AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my Toshiba DST3000 finally died, so I need to buy a replacement soon before the SuperBowl, but I don't want to spend $699 for a new HD receiver again.

I know that when the HD300 came out, that Circuit City gave the early birds a great deal, has any other retailer had such a great deal since or most importantly right now???

Any help would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Best deals on the HD300 I found were on Ebay. I even have a good friend that works at The Good Guys, and they wanted almost as much for an open box unit, with a missing card! I guess I need new friends :D

I went with the Directv deal, since the Hughes is almost the same internally.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got my lg 3200 a at Brandsmart for $385....it took a bit of haggling, but ultimately go them down. I originally bought the huges for $335, but was pretty unhappy with it, and sold it on Ebay for $425. Hope you have a Brandsmart in your area!

·
Banned
4,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by omnpotnt
I got my lg 3200 a at Brandsmart for $385....it took a bit of haggling, but ultimately go them down. I originally bought the huges for $335, but was pretty unhappy with it, and sold it on Ebay for $425. Hope you have a Brandsmart in your area!
Amazing however, I don't doubt you one bit. The absolute lowest new cost to high volume facotry direct authorized LG/Zenith dealers is much higher then $385.

I truly thought we were the lowest priced dealer? Surprise, surprise, at least one dealer is happy to sell the highest rated, hardest to get STB for almost $100.00 below the actual lowest dealer's net cost. Even the theory of making up for selling items below cost by doing a high volume doesn't work here, we can't even get enough of these boxes.

Someone help me understand the business sense here? If Brandsmart is a public company, take my educated advise and sell when it opens in the morning. Hope this doesn't consitute insider trading.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW, for $385 I'd definitely take a drive down to Boca to get that receiver. Too bad they don't have a Brandsmart here in Tampa. Thanks for the tip, I'll have to call to see if they have any.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.