AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just recently in the DVD forum asking about good component cables for my DVD player because I realize how important good cable is. Then it just dawned on me that I am currently using a $9.00 cheap a$$ VGA to VGA cable from my Pioneer HDTV to my DTC100. While the picture is outstanding on HBOHD and the CBS shows, I can't help but wonder how much better it would improve if I buy a better cable.

The cable I am looking for is the VGA Male to Male 15 pin. I found one at bettercables.com, 3 meters for $120.00. Unfortunately, this was the only place I was able to find that carried this type cable that I need. The questions I have are:

1. Will I really notice that much of a difference to warrant spending $120?

2. Does anyone know any other places that carry these VGA cables?

3. Has anyone else tried this particular VGA connector from bettercables.com?

Thanks in advance.

------------------

Mike the hockeynut

You had me at 'HDTV'

·
Registered
420 Posts
If your current VGA cable is a good quality, decent gauge and well-insulated cable I'm not sure how spending $120 would do you much better. I have my DTC100 hooked up to my Mits 73907 with a $40 VGA-5BNC cable and can't see how the HD picture could be any better.

I'm guessing your itch won't be scratched until you go ahead and buy the cable and see for yourself. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the thing Rsongco. I really don't know how good a cable it is. It can't be that good if it only cost me $9.00. Do you happen to remember where you got your cable? I like your comment about the itch though. LOL. You seem to know me pretty well. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

Mike the hockeynut

You had me at 'HDTV'

[This message has been edited by hockeynut (edited 07-11-2001).]

·
Registered
374 Posts
I haven't dealt with them myself... but from reading this forum, better cables is the only way to go. They support the forum and also every person who I've read got a cable from them is happy they did. Do some searching through the forums and you'll see.

-apnar

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Alex. I believe that is exactly what I am looking for. I'll let you know if I have any improvement in picture quality. Thanks again.

------------------

Mike the hockeynut

You had me at 'HDTV'

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.