AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 60 inch lg plasma over my fireplace. it is connected via hdmi through an access tube that goes from above the fireplace to a built in shelving system next to the fireplace. the tube unfortunately isnt very wide and given the poorly placed angles of the tube i had a hard time getting my hdmi cable and an optical cable through the tube. Thus i dont think i can get many more cables through the tube. id like to improve the sound primarily for watching tv and movies. are there any wireless speakers that are worth looking at to get surround or simulated surround or possibly 5.1 like sound. a photo of the room is attached for any ideas or recommendations.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
No stores would carry it. They are an internet direct company.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Long of the short...depends on your expectations. See what often many don't understand is only the signal itself is wireless. The speaker has a receiver, and built in amp (they do require 110v so not truly "wireless"). The question comes down to the quality of the built in amp, which to date has only been so so. So again, a persons expectations will come into play. For instance, if you just want better sound than your flat panel, that should be easy...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
u mean bc of the angle from the tv. it is something to get used to. since i sit at the bar for most tv viewing, it isnt bad.

i understand the need for power but i should say wireless meaning no speaker wire.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Oh and you can feel pretty safe with Aperion, I ordered a pair of towers for my parents from them to try out before settling on something else (although barely). They sound great and the return is easy, low risk to try. That would be my first move.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts