AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am getting ready to place another large order with Grizzly and was hoping someone on here has a 10% off coupon that they could offer up. I hear there is one attached to the cover of Woodworker's Journal, which I am going to subscribe to, but can't wait on the order for a magazine to show up in the mail. Anyone?
Thanks!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I may be "that guy", but I'd just call their customer service and ask for it. Tell them you are willing to place your $XXXX order immediately if they can throw you a bone. YMMV, but I've always had good luck with calling places and letting them know that I'm ready to spend money on their product if they are willing to work with me. Just make sure they know that you are serious, and not a tire kicker.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I may be "that guy", but I'd just call their customer service and ask for it. Tell them you are willing to place your $XXXX order immediately if they can throw you a bone. YMMV, but I've always had good luck with calling places and letting them know that I'm ready to spend money on their product if they are willing to work with me. Just make sure they know that you are serious, and not a tire kicker.
I am also "that guy" and have already made the call to them. So far, they will not budge on anything despite the order being $3K. I thought for sure I would have some luck since I just spent $1800 on the TS 2 weeks ago. I am waiting for a callback from a supervisor. :confused:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I would do exactly that, but my understanding is that the (one time use only) coupon only comes in the sleeve of a subscriber's mag. :)
They have ads and coupons in many of the magazines. I haven't looked at any of them this month, but I usually see them in Wood, sometimes Family Handyman, and a couple others. Might be worth a quick trip through the magazine aisle.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They have ads and coupons in many of the magazines. I haven't looked at any of them this month, but I usually see them in Wood, sometimes Family Handyman, and a couple others. Might be worth a quick trip through the magazine aisle.
That's good call. Maybe I'll head out on lunch.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I am also "that guy" and have already made the call to them. So far, they will not budge on anything despite the order being $3K. I thought for sure I would have some luck since I just spent $1800 on the TS 2 weeks ago. I am waiting for a callback from a supervisor. :confused:
I hate crap like that. What is the point of it really? Especially if they know about it and then make you jump through hoops to get the discount. If he didn't, well then no harm no foul and they have higher margins on that sell. But the fact he knows and ask, makes it ridiculous that they won't just give it to you.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hate crap like that. What is the point of it really? Especially if they know about it and then make you jump through hoops to get the discount. If he didn't, well then no harm no foul and they have higher margins on that sell. But the fact he knows and ask, makes it ridiculous that they won't just give it to you.
I know it. I just spoke with the supervisor and it is a no-go. They said in order for a potential discount, it has to be reviewed by corporate and the order has to be $5k+ and have at least 2 machines. Mine has 3 machines but does not total $5k. :rolleyes:

Whatever, I'll hold out for a few hours today, maybe check out the magazine rack and if I have no luck with my request on the forums, I'll order it up this afternoon. All this stuff takes away from the fun and excitement of the order but the problem is that I get my brain wrapped around the idea of a discount and get caught up in it.:eek:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
All this stuff takes away from the fun and excitement of the order but the problem is that I get my brain wrapped around the idea of a discount and get caught up in it.:eek:
I'm the same way when it comes to discounts. It's not so much that I'm "cheap" it's just that I like the emotional satisfaction of feeling like I got a deal. We live in an age where everything is on sale. You can't walk into a store or go online without being bombarded with sales/discount offers. It's almost expected at this point... which for me is why I often won't purchase something without one. Hell, a company could just raise all of their prices by 10% and put out a 10% coupon available year round and the end result for the buyer is the same, but with the satisfaction that they got a "deal" making the difference.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm the same way when it comes to discounts. It's not so much that I'm "cheap" it's just that I like the emotional satisfaction of feeling like I got a deal. We live in an age where everything is on sale. You can't walk into a store or go online without being bombarded with sales/discount offers. It's almost expected at this point... which for me is why I often won't purchase something without one. Hell, a company could just raise all of their prices by 10% and put out a 10% coupon available year round and the end result for the buyer is the same, but with the satisfaction that they got a "deal" making the difference.
Exactly! It's all about feeling like the company wants my business, specifically.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts