Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More Tuesday ramblings..

Anyone have any opinions on the Street price of the 11HT when it hits? Can Sony REALLY keep it at $8K (OK, $7,999) by limiting to CIS dealers only in the face of encroaching competition from Sanyo?

I wasn't around in the 10HT days, so I don't know how it went.

This gets back to the whole question of: buy the 10HT now (and probably be pretty darn happy) or wait for the 11HT to drop in price to the $6K range (02?).

Despite the reported "improvements", I don't think I want to wait until 1/02 to get into big-screen movies..and I'll be damned if I pay "list" for ANYTHING electronic. There are just too many alternatives.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Yup, list until they figure out it won't fly. I give it about 3 months.

Dan

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
"Charge what the market will bear"

is just good business sense.

When there are no more customers available at the $8K list price THEN the price will begin to go down. However, it looks like for a while, the demand is going to cause the price to stick right where it is.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do we really anticipate that much demand. High-end home theater purchases must be considered to be the most discretionary of spending. When tech stocks were high and everyone felt rich, the market boomed. Just look at what has happened to prices of Toshiba RPTV's lately. The brick and mortar HT dealers must be hurting, however, Sony really can't keep them afloat with high retail prices for very long. I give it less than 2 months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.