AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dishnetwork HD DVR receiver can only record one OTA ATSC channel at once. Is there any receiver that can record 2 OTA ATSC channels at once?

I am actually thinking about ditching dishnetwork service because 95% of the time I watch my local OTA HDTV channels and just need some receiver to record/stop live tv.

·
Registered
13,531 Posts

Quote:
Any HD DVR tuner that can record 2 progams OTA

Only the Tivo Series3.

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
The DirecTV DVRs require a satellite subscription to record locals.

·
Registered
13,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie1617 /forum/post/0

So does the S3.

True.

However, committing to a few years of DirecTV service costs about $40/mo, plus the $5.99/mo DVR fee. Committing to a few years of Tivo service costs $8.33/mo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you are only interested in OTA you might want to build a system with a computer. I just recently built a dual OTA tuner DVR using HDHomeRun and Windows Vista Ultimate. Check out the forums too. Other folks are using SageTV, MythTV and even Macs. Some are even using more than one HDHomeRun.
http://www.silicondust.com

In my case I used an old Dell 400sc with a few upgrades and it works great. I would never have considered it if it weren't for the input of the folks posting at AVS Forums.

This is not my main DVR, I already have the HR10-250 for DirecTV. But its great for the times there are several HD programs I want to see that are aired a the same time. If I were to drop DirecTV I'd consider using it full time.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Tivo series 3 does not do DirectTV- only ATSC only, or cable only, or ATSC and cable.

3 year tivo committment averages $8.33/month. This will get you all the tivo guides and features without any cable bill if you should decide not to keep cable service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.