AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any guides available, be it on the net or a weekly newsletter that provides 100% confirmed programs, shows, movies that will be showing in HD....every week. It seems like we have to visit the forum and try and get confirmations whether or not a show is being shown in hdtv. I would love a guide that would be accurate, depending on your location whats being offered in hdtv, be it a playoff sports game to a disney movie...to regular weekly t.v. shows......anyone have any info.

thanks,

John

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

·
Banned
136 Posts
HBO's "Path To War" appeared to me to be in HD. PQ was excellent and the resolution looked to be HD quality.

But am I wrong? Was it really not HDTV? All of my usual sources, hbo.com, hdtvgalaxy.com and hidefguide.com list it as standard definition.

I did see that the Atlanta site lists it as HD so perhaps everyone else was wrong, including the source, hbo.com

·
Registered
750 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by waters
HBO's "Path To War" appeared to me to be in HD. PQ was excellent and the resolution looked to be HD quality.

But am I wrong? Was it really not HDTV? All of my usual sources, hbo.com, hdtvgalaxy.com and hidefguide.com list it as standard definition.

I did see that the Atlanta site lists it as HD so perhaps everyone else was wrong, including the source, hbo.com
I am the one responsible for the HBO part of the AtlantaDTV HDTV Schedule . We do show (correctly) "Path to War" as High Defintion. I recently "upgraded" our ability to detect HBO's HD content by referencing the HBO Monthly Guide . While I'm sure that this is still not perfect (we'll still miss a few programs here and there), I hope that its accuracy is improved to the point of being quite reliable. By the way, one of the reasons I switched to referencing the monthly guide is that it is more reliable than the grid listings on their web site.

We continue to try to make AtlantaDTV.org a positive site that promotes HDTV. The schedule is one way to show people how much HDTV content is available. The bonus is that we "believers" have a decent reference for our own purposes. Don't forget to tell people to take a look at the site to learn about DTV/HDTV. While we think it is especially useful for potential Atlanta HDTV adopters, there is quite a bit there that should be universally appealing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.