AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody at all,in the U.S., with a Sony HD100, get program information for the OTA stations in the Guide? Is is just the Washington D.C. / Baltimore area that doesn't get it? Will this box ever get the info. I did notice that WUSA comes up again on CBS 9.1.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Not in Seattle!

------------------

The World Is Not Flat!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Jimmy

I do not think any of the stations in Dallas are broadcasting any program info yet (with the exception of WFAA which has some in the evenings - manually entered I think). However most of the stations are broadcasting their station call sign or letters, which my DTC100 and DST50 pick up, but the Sony does not, it only displays DIGT in the location where I think they should go.

WB here has KDAF DT/480P in the section where it normally displays Digital TV Programming, so I know it can show something, however their call letters do not show up in the DIGT area.

I think this is another area where the HD100 will have to have an update sent out via DirecTV in order to fix. I have called and got an event number for this problem, maybe if everyone called and reported this, we could get a fix sooner.

Warren

·
Registered
961 Posts
Funny thing about my hd100: I get station call letters on one station, KCPQ-DT1, for the Fox station. But, the call letters aren't where DIGT is located. The call letters are visible, when in the guide, at the top of the program info box in upper right. Nothing on the other stations. And, KCPQ says they are NOT sending program information. Art

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I am thinking Warren. Been awhile since I called Sony. I never did get any feed back at all from them that anything has been fixed via down load. Re the guide info, it is interesting that D.C.'s WUSA call comes and goes. Maybe they are doing something too.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Don't tell me San Francisco is the ONLY city in the US broadcasting guide data for OTA? I receive guide data for all OTA stations. I have the Hughes box, but I wouldn't think it would matter. OTA digital is OTA digital. It should be the same UHF freq throughout the US as alloted by the FCC. Can anybody with a Sony box in the SF area confirm this for Jimmy?

·
Registered
66 Posts
tburton,

The Hughes E86 (if that is the one you have)gets its program data from Directv's APG. I have the Toshiba DST3000 (as well as the Sony) which is just like the Hughes and it also gets the program guide data from Directv. Directv however, does not have any program data for some of the subchannels, like 11.2 and 8.2 here, maybe they will get that data at some time, but the broadcasters will have to solidify what they show on some of the multicast channels.

The Sony and some others (RCA, Panny DST50, etc) use PSIP to get the data from the DTV stations as part of the broadcast stream, and most are not transmitting much at this time.

I do like the Hughes/Mits/Toshiba Directv APG guide, I just wish they also supported PSIP for the other stations that they do not have data for. Also, it would be nice if all the STB makers would get together and make all these different methods work together.

Warren

[This message has been edited by Warren53 (edited 06-16-2001).]

·
Registered
690 Posts
Not getting it yet in LA either. However, local CBS put up a "test1" where their calls should go (WCBS)the other day, it is down now, but the local PBS put up their calls yesterday (KCET)so I guess they are testing it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Only two of the 10 digital channels in the San Jose, CA area have their call letters in the program guide, and none have program information. I'm guessing the local channel provides the guide information and they haven't gotten to it yet.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
None of the stations in Orlando, Florida have any call letters or programming info except the ABC affiliate has "One life to Live" in the upper left corner where the show titles should be and under that the time of 2:59pm-3:59pm

But this display has been up 24/7 for the last few weeks. So the Sony is capable of PSIP but not any the broadcasters are currently transmitting. I emailed the local CBS engineer and he says they are putting out call letters and he can see them working fine on the stations DTC-100. I will call Sony again this week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.