AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in replacing my RP91 with something newer.. I would like a high video quality 5 disc or so changer with DVD-A and SACD. Anything out or, on the horizon that fits the bill? Something under $1000.00 thanks.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
/\\

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Chip E:

Sorry, no changers yet that I know of... I have problems with all of the universal players on the market and so have developed a two-player solution: a Bravo D1 for DVD video only and a Pioneer 45A toghether with an Outlaw ICBM for SACD & DVD-Audio only. I think the both of these DVD players are a compromise, but there isn't a one-box solution for both video and audio out there and no multi-disc players yet. Soon I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd be happy with a Denon 2200 in a 5 disc version! Thanks.. I'm sure something like this will pop up sooner or later.

·
Registered
193 Posts
At another forum you were told about the Pioneer 563A.........it IS a very good player. The video is very good as well as the dvd-a and sacd sound. I have one, and I love it! Some say there's no bass management, but I get all the bass I could possibly want. My dvd-a and sacd discs have enough bass for them to thump pretty good during playback. People that don't get bass, has a problem other than the 563..........I think.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Toshiba is coming out with a DVD-Audio/SACD changer in May. Don't know if it will meet your "high quality video" standard but here is the news from their site, although I've seen this posted here as well:

Carousel DVD Players

A perfect complement to the movie enthusiast's lifestyle, Toshiba's carousel DVD models are ideal for those who enjoy viewing multiple movies or increasingly popular DVD collection sets. Likewise, these units can also be used to enjoy hours of favorite music selections without having to shuffle and change discs. Toshiba is introducing two new 5-disc carousel DVD/CD players this year at CES. The SD-5915 (February 2004, $99.99) features Digital Cinema Progressive Scan output, ColorStream Pro component video outputs, multi-disc compatibility, a JPEG viewer, 3-D Virtual Surround Sound, a coaxial digital output and a universal remote control. In addition to the SD-5915 features, the SD-6915 (May 2004, $199.99) is Toshiba's first carousel model to offer both DVD-Audio and SACD playback, Dolby Digital Decoding, 5.1 channel output with bass management, an optical and coaxial digital output in a slim (69mm) chassis design.

I currently have both a Pioneer DV-563A universal player and an old Toshiba DV-6200 progressive scan player. To me, the Toshiba has a sharper, more detailed picture. I've also never been able to see the chroma bug on my 32" display. I know Toshiba is using a different chip now, so I don't know how the video performace on the new model will be.

-Gabe

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I'm also a "multi-box" user. Sony 5 disc for SACD, JVC $99 SA600 for DVD-A and Sammy HD931 for DVD. Total cost, $550...

John

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sony

400 Disc Progressive DVD/SACD Player

DVP-CX985V

I saw this in Best Buy the other day. Not sure about DVD-A. Price was $399.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.