AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, although I love the t.v., it kind of drives me nuts when I switch between programs ( using this as home theater pc display ) the screen goes black for a second and it displays the " display " tab in the upper left hand corner, as if I'm switching between inputs? Even if I just try to fast forward through a youtube clip, the TV acts as if I'm switching from HDMI 2 to DVI / HDMI 1, and pauses with a black screen between screens... I've tried plugging in to both the above hdmi slots and it still does the same thing.. I'm running HDMI out from the PC into my DENON 1913 game input, then hdmi out from my AVR to the TV.. I can live with it, but it's ANNOYING... Then again it might have more to do with the relationship between my AVR and the tv then the TV itself... hmm..

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
It's perfectly normal. Any time you change channels or resolution (or just about anything else) a new HDMI "handshake" is required. The more HDMI devices in the chain the more complicated the new handshake is because all devices have to re-handshake. It's one of those things you just have to get used to. It's one of the downsides of how HDMI works.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGuyy  /t/1471245/any-idea-why-switching-b...splay-aspect-ration-being-shown#post_23277593

It's perfectly normal. Any time you change channels or resolution (or just about anything else) a new HDMI "handshake" is required. The more HDMI devices in the chain the more complicated the new handshake is because all devices have to re-handshake. It's one of those things you just have to get used to. It's one of the downsides of how HDMI works.

Oh, well that sucks.. but at least I know it's not a setting I've got wrong. Thanks for the info

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.