AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Windows MCE Sony PC and it's pretty bulletproof except for DVD playback. I have found it very difficult to get through an entire DVD without it freezing (hanging).

The picture just freezes. If I hit ctl-alt-del, the windows security dialog comes up and if I hit "cancel" the DVD playback almost always resumes.

Any ideas where to look? I have tried turning off the virus protection services during the playback and the problem still occurred. I have not swapped the DVD drive. I have most of the XP updates installed, excluding things like IE7.

I have seen mention of this in the past on the web, but I have never seen an ultimate resolution discussed.

Thanks,

Sam

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I found the answer:

"Windows Vista is more reliable than Windows XP, reducing the frequency and impact of disruptions. It includes fixes for known hangs and crashes, and new technology that will prevent many common causes of hangs and crashes..."

You know what I get from this? It says to me, "Quit trying to play DVDs on a PC and just buy a Blu-ray DVD player (when they drop in price).

If I do that, I just need a way to play my RIPed CDs without a PC and I'll dump WMCE altogether.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.