AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Xmas I got myself a Samsung Teristrial Reciever.

At the time. I had no clue we would only get WNEP and WVIA in HD.

Any Ideas on when WVIA and WYOU are going HD.

And how come I don't see anyone talking about FOX.

It Says HD. OR is it not really HD?

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,753 Posts
You need to be more specific with topic titles. See my edit.

Also, a quick search for 'Scranton' produced 17 topics.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Fatbob,

WOLF is really 480p as that's all the FOX Network is putting out. Later this year FOX is projected to move up to 720P. There is a Northeast PA thread on this board. Also there is a new NEPA HDTV BOARD see it by clicking the link.

Henry
http://nepahdtv.homeip.net:555/index.php?

·
Registered
47 Posts
You should really go to the NEPA board for tons of info. But just to clear things up. WOLF is currently 480I. They plan on being HD by Sept of this year when the Fox network goes HD. WNEP and WVIA are HD. WYOU and WBRE are not and at this point it doesn't look like they will ever go HD unless we all stop watching their stations(which is pretty much the case anyway, judging by the ratings for their local newscast.... notice I say newscast since both channels have the same exact stories with different talking heads) or if the FCC mandates HD, which they haven't only DTV. For a lot more info just type in NEPA in the search or go to the NEPAHDTV boards. Jeff is doing a great job with these boards and we actually have members from some of these local tv stations that post info and answer questions on there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.