AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there have any data on how many people have bought digital projectors for HT use? I know a lot are bought through business sources and used at home. How about info on home-designed projos like the Sony 10HT, Seleco, etc.? Are home buyers more than just a blip on the sales charts?

------------------

Steve

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Interesting question. I read a link from the forum here somewhere that projector sales in total are supposed to double into 2006. I would expect that the rate of sales growth for home theater projectors exceeds that for corporate use.

But to get to your question ,I would imagine that TOtal Home Theater projector sales after accounting for cross use(Ie LP340's etc..) is maybe 3-5% in total.

It is a hunch ...I have no proof of that percentage.

Regards,

John Andrews

VIenna VA

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Its well known that many sales types work on their managers for portable FPs so they can watch them at home.

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
203 Posts
You know, I honestly think this industry has no idea what percentage sales are for HT use. I know that when you register your projector with Infocus on line, it assumes you're registering a business. During the last earnings conference call that Infocus did, an analyst asked what percentage of their current market was for HT use if any. The answer was that they didn't know, but that they thought many people were using them in Japan for that purpose.

And I suspect this may be part reason why Infocus decided to come out with the LP340-B, to specialize into well segregated markets, considering their new HT projector coming soon. I guess even they must think this thing could get popular and "discovered" one day.

Gerry

------------------

Skyhawk

- Infocus LP350

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.