AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rumors about dual Realta Chips, $12,000 price tag, no one has further info?

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJG
:eek:

For that price it should better do motion compensation, or alternatively go to work for me...

·
Registered
38 Posts

This is propably the new Vigatec VProcessor named S1.

PS. note the front display 1080 24Fs :D :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry now make the direct Link at images. Link1

Link2

·
Premium Member
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HT-maestro:

Good work, must be some ND's out there, I don't see anything in the link about HQV chips

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
Looks somewhat similar in concept to the Crystalio II. Both seems to offer DCDi for SD sources, while (probably) using something else than Faroudja for HD deinterlacing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hallo/Ciao,

I don'think that uses the HQV Chip why the Scaling is to 512 Tap against 1024 of the Realta.

Perhaps it uses the Gennum? or some Propietary chip .

·
Registered
15,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi
:eek:

For that price it should better do motion compensation, or alternatively go to work for me...
I could put a downpayment on a fairly nice HOUSE for 12 grand.

Ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Yes, it's expensive but it's not that crazy. remember that we used to have Faroudjas selling for +20K and Teranexes, Snell&Wilcox processors at much higher prices. We just need to know what it can do... If it's similar to new iScan V30 or new Crystalio then it's just not worth investing so much money in it. But I believe and hope Vigatec has something more to offer. (But at the same time if they have something like 2 Realtas and MC deinterlacing, etc, why didn't they put it on the datasheet????)

·
Registered
15,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murat
Yes, it's expensive but it's not that crazy. remember that we used to have Faroudjas selling for +20K and Teranexes, Snell&Wilcox processors at much higher prices. We just need to know what it can do... If it's similar to new iScan V30 or new Crystalio then it's just not worth investing so much money in it. But I believe and hope Vigatec has something more to offer. (But at the same time if they have something like 2 Realtas and MC deinterlacing, etc, why didn't they put it on the datasheet????)
Good points and good questions. :)

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Sounds like an interesting bit of kit, but I don't see what advantages it has over the Crystalio II, which costs about 2/5ths its price.

It's completely out of my price range, though. The thing costs almost twice the total value of my HT...

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carled
It's completely out of my price range, though. The thing costs almost twice the total value of my HT...
Which one? The Crystalio II or the Vigatec?

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi
Which one? The Crystalio II or the Vigatec?
The new $12k Vigatec.

Not to say the Crystalio II is cheap either, of course.

·
Registered
15,715 Posts
This video processor market seriously needs some giant killers.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well I have a Vigatec S1 that works super with my Barco 1209s and it is worth every penny,I think it is one of the best scalers on the market.

·
Premium Member
16,963 Posts
I also have one. It has the best picture I have yet to see. I do not know what chips ( yes multiple ) it is using but the de interlacing and detail are incredible. I have yet to see a HQV or Genum based scaler to compare. The S1 is in its early stages. They are adding features ect.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.