AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any input on Transparent Audio/Video cables? Anyone own some of these?

Thanks

Sydney

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Can you give us a link or picture of "Transparent Audio/Video cables"? I am sure if they are shielded and use decent quality components (copper wiring and interconnects) than they are probably fine. But a link would help us give you more input. :)

·
Registered
21,720 Posts
I have a 2M Transparent Premium component cable, bnc to rca, for sale if you're interested.

As for their audio cables, they use networks. I used to have them. I think you can get better cables for the money without networks. I sold my Transparent Ultra XL Bicable and interconnects and went with Granite Audio silver interconnects and short speaker cabling and my system I feel sounds much better.

As Transparent uses networks in their audio cables, you will find two schools of thought, first that the networks work as they describe, second that the networks can only degrade and change that original audio signal coming down through the pipe. I once "believed" the first. Now I am definitely in the camp of the second from my own experience. I have had several audio friends with similar experiences re networked audio cables in their systems.

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
The networked cables will affect the sound. If you like the result then they might be an option. The people I know who recently purchased expensive cables seemed to prefer the ones with single crystal copper (Harmonic Tech, etc.).

Personally, I feel 12 gauge zip cord works fine...

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have heard many of their cables included the ultra-expensive series. As with any product of this type, use is highly dependent on what you use it with. I don't know if there is a best cable or best amp, etc. Some speakers or systems like certain things better than others. Their website is www.transparentcable.com. For the money, I think you can do better than their video cables at retail prices. I make most of my own things since I feel I can make better quality stuff than most of what is out there. I have their (Transparent) $900 reference digital cable which I will use between my DVD transport and preamp so I don't want anyone to think I am against their products. It is the only piece of cabling left in my system that I did not make. It is just a bit better than anything I have been able to make so it stays. You should audition anything you contemplate buying with your components preferably, or something similar.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Target sells RCA brandedtransparent cables and RatShack is now sells transparent composite cables, being marketed as a digital audio cable. But can be used for anythingthat used RCA type connectors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.