AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious to see if any of the Long Island members of the AVS would like to get together to put faces with names.

I was thinking about an evening dinner at a place like Chilli's or Applebbee's or some place like that. Maybe a week night like a Wednesday at 7:00PM so everyone has a chance to get home from work.

Maybe a central location like Hicksville?

Any interest?

Lee

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sounds interesting..

Peteyi

------------------

Current System:

Denon 3300

Paradigm:

Studio 60's vs. 2

Studio CC

Studio ADP

PW-2200 Sub

Pioneer DVD DV-525

Sony 41 inch RP TV

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would be interested in such a meeting. Hicksville is also very close to my house. Lee, I will email you privately with some questions.

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Although a Wednesday night might be hard for me because of School I would considering meeting up with you guys.f>

[This message has been edited by Andy V (edited 09-10-2001).]

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's nice to see so many of you responding to this idea.

Michael Lee,

Thank you for your vote of confidence!

The night has not been "cast in concrete" it was just a suggestion. And If we do set the time for 7:00PM (which again is not cast) anyone can always stay just for the meet and greet, have a nice dinner and leave by 9:00PM. For those that wish, the evening can be continued after the dinner.

Let's give this post another day or so before we begin the process of choosing a resturant, which evening to meet and the time.

But I must say that if it is only the 9 of us, I am sure we will have a great time. At least we know for certain that we all have something in common!

Lee

[This message has been edited by LeeAntin (edited 09-11-2001).]

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm new this part of the forum, but wouldn't mind attending. I also live in Long Island and very close to Hicksville

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just wanted to bump this thread up to make sure that it stays on the current forum board.

Due to the tragic events of Tuesday, we will address this meeting next week.

I am happy to see so many Long Islanders will be attending.

Who knows...this could be a monthly event.

Lee

·
Registered
5 Posts
Next week sounds like a good idea. I am looking forward to meeting people who understand the quest for better sound and video..(My wife doesn't). As someone who is a noivice I look forward to learning much ......

------------------

Current System:

Denon 3300

Paradigm:

Studio 60's vs. 2

Studio CC

Studio ADP

PW-2200 Sub

Pioneer DVD DV-525

Sony 41 inch RP TV

·
Registered
40 Posts
Monday night or Tuesday would be good for me.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just want to bump this up to stay current. On Monday the 17th I will suggest a time and place so we can really get going on this meeting. I know it will be a lot of fun for all...something we could use right now.

Lee

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.