AVS Forum banner
  • Get an exclusive sneak peek into our new project. >>> Click Here
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

Any interest in getting together a group for PJ calibrations in NYC vicinity?

608 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  flyingvee
Wondering if there is any interest among fellow members in the tristate area (ideally within 90 mins of NYC) on getting together to arrange a PJ calibration 'tour' by one of the top 2 or 3 'masters' in the field.

While I've been an audiophile for years, I've only recently got into home theatre with the purchase of a Sony G70, and am keen on getting this beauty (beast?) set up as well as can possibly be done. The very best calibrators are (understandably) not inexpensive. That said, I believe rates become more attractive if one is able to line up at least a few others to make the trek to NYC more meaningful/worthwhile.

Anyway, if there is any interest in arranging something in the next few weeks, please do send me a PM.

Cheers,

Bashir.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Terry often does tours of our area (New York, New Jersey, CT). That's how I got him to come in February.
I've used Terry in the past and he's a real pro. I'm planning of having my CRT calibrated in this month hopefully. Terry had recommend Kevin Delieu cause he wasn't able to make it. I was extremely happy with Kevin and plan on using him this month. I live in Long Island. If interested let me know and I'll have him call you so we can begin a tour for him. He'll be into it.

Johnboy
Count me in with Kevin. He's a good man. I've been watching a soft image for too long.

- Mark
I don't know if its tool ate? I am also intereted. Let me know.
It looks like I may be headed up to the NE in Sept. I have a bunch of folks who want calibrations and if you would like info or to be added to that list drop me a line at [email protected]

Terry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf
It looks like I may be headed up to the NE in Sept. I have a bunch of folks who want calibrations and if you would like info or to be added to that list drop me a line at [email protected]

Terry
Just curious - have you ever done the Midwest? Preferably west of Chicago (like, Iowa?) ;)
Jon a few years ago I did a major mid west tour.

But there are a few other calibrators that seem to have the mid west covered these days.

Terry
Duh, ok - just read the rave post above. But you can still let us know, if you get lost on your way home.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.