AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to some family committments I missed the recent shootout in Maryland. It sounds like it was a major success. I'd like to host a similar get together in the near future if there is any interest. Here is some background information.

My Theater is nearly complete. I'm just waiting on my Berkline reclining sofa and 4 barstools. In addition to installing my theater seats I only have some minor details to finish. I should be 100% by the end of the week. Here is my HT set up:

Sharp 9000J

Panny RP91

Denon AVR 5700

Atlantic Tech system 350 speakers

Parkland DIY Screen (123 diagonal)

Monster, Aufio/videoquest, bettercables, Kimber interconnects and speaker wire.

Monster and panamax surge protectors

The HT is dedicated with complete lighting control. There is seating for 10. I'll provide the Wine, beer and food. You provide your favorite movies and any PJs you'd like to demo/compare to the Sharp.

I live in Winchester, VA

Any interest?

Bomber

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sounds great Bomber. Please add me to your list and let me know the details when you have things firmed up.

Thanks,

Tony.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Count me in too, Bomber. Sorry you could not make it last Saturday. NVa. has a lot of forum members. John Andrews (abigpicture) and David Guill come to mind. Maybe they can attend as well.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Count me in Bomber. I'm in the Baltimore area but would gladly make the trip. Please keep me on your distribution list as you get closer to making this a reality.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm encouraged by the response and look forward to the "shootout". My wife is currently travelling so I need to coordinate a good time top hold the event. Don't get me wrong...she's very supportive of this hobby. In fact if you do a search for a post "wife, abducted by aliens"...it's about her.

Bomber

·
Registered
60 Posts
Count me in too, would love to come and see as I in the process of deciding what equipment to go in for ...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Count me in too Bomber. I did not see the MD info for last week that why missed it. But this one I will be there.;)

edit: Does any one want to bring a JVC D-Theater?

:D

·
Registered
6,463 Posts
Me too. Would love to join in.

BTW, how far are you from DC in drive time?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well it looks as if we have enough people to move forward. I'll post a date this weekend and start to communicate to you guys via email. The pics are horrendus but I post three in the Theater Construction forum under the thread Wife abducted. The pics are a major disappointment as the theater looks 10 times better in person. Maybe it' the couch.....it will be gone by the shootout in favor of the berkline on order.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Bomber

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I'm down in Richmond, but I'd make the drive if the timing was right. Please let me know. Thanks.

[email protected]

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the interest! The "shootout" has a very high WAF so were in. Now it's down to timing. Although the Theater is complete, the balance of the basement is about three weeks from completion. If you guys would like to do it sooner we can or we can wait until Late June/July when we will also have pool, air hockey and darts as available entertainment.

Your thoughts on timing?

Bomber

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bomber, Anytime but the 22nd June suits me. You'll probably be hard pushed to find a date that suits everyone so I'll just keep my fingers crossed that you don't have to choose that Saturday.

Thanks,

Tony.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'd like to join in on this, and include my LT 150, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be available. One of the days on the 15-16 will be bad, the 22nd is bad and I will be totally gone on the 28-30.

Jason

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Bomber,

I'm still in as long as I'm around. The last weekend in June (6/29) and the first two weekends in July are best for me.

It sounds like it'll be a blast!

·
Registered
126 Posts
More interest here! If the dates work out I'd like to join in.

Bruce

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.