AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious to see if anyone has seen any iPhone apps to remotely control Windows Media Center or even Windows Media Player for that matter. I know there was a company not to long ago that had a app for PDAs that would control MCE but that was years ago

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I'll have to read through that thread, but it appears to be more of a universal remote type application.

I've seen a couple that are interesting like mediamote and intelliphone but I'm suprised no one has made one that combine those with the ability to create and play playlists on the iPhone

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
what??? there isn't an app for that?

im holding out for a zune HD, supposed to integrate into MCE nicely, possibly remote support?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

yeah really I've found a ton of nifty and usless apps but this one would seem logical and someone could make some money off of it if they wished to do so!

ZuneHD would be nice, but work pays my phone bill and got my phone for me
so I use what I got!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
 Intelliremote . I got it for my wife's iPhone and it works great. It controls iTunes, Media Player, WinAmp, VMC, 7MC, VLC and a bunch of other interfaces/apps.

To get full functionality, you buy the software that runs on the host for $24, the iPhone app is free. It's more or less plug n play. Install the software on the host, install the iPhone app, set the host's IP address on the phone and you're done.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
VCMote looks to do exactly what I want it to do! It looks to be a combo remote and a stand alone control Media Center playlist (so you dont have to turn the TV on)

It's $7.99 for the full version, I may play with the lite (free) version to see how it flows first, but I know for what I want to do I'll need the full version.

·
Registered
951 Posts
+1 for the Intelliremote.

·
Registered
332 Posts
 Air Mouse. its $3 on itunes right now and it works fairly well. its not perfect. anytime you need security stuff done (like permission to install something), the software doesn't work for some reason (not high enough cpu priority is only thing i can think off) and it doesn't have a "back" button in media center. but, if all you need it for is use in media center, its pretty good. install and setup was effortless. install server software, dl software and it works within seconds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.