Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have the Hitachi 65swx20b, Sony HD-200 STB and Yamaha RXV950 receiver, 3lnb dish and DirecTV as the main drivers of my viewing. I would like to know a couple of things:

1. As a first pass, would you all recogmend Avia or VE as a start to tuning my system? Having just moved, I believe I still have 3 year old versions of both in boxes somewhere but would imagine the new versions are better. (I had some problems with the older versions)

2. Then, are there any ISF qualified people in the Stuart, FL area I can contact for calibration?

My set appears to be ok but I can not get anything but 480p and on the one HD channel (I know of - HDNET) it changes to 1080i. I have a 3lnb DirecTV dish and thought I would get more (ie HBO HD or Showtime HD = which I have in the package (along with the football package).

Being able to adjust (somewhat) the PQ with Avia etc, and then bringing in a ISF person (with no travel costs as I have to keep costs down) would be great. Being able to figure out the 480p on all stations except for 1080i on only 1 station would be great also.

Thanks in advance as I have made major purchases with the great information I have recieved on this fourm. ;)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.