AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

simple question: I'm having my wallpaper redone in my home and decided that to save space I would hire an electrician to mount my tv (run wires through walls, etc) in my bedroom. He's going to install everything and then remove the mount so the wallpaper doesn't get damaged. Then, once the wallpaper is on, he's going to reinstall the mount.

My question is: If I upgrade my tv within a similar form factor, can I reuse the same mount without any issues? Logically, this doesn't seem like it would be an issue, but I wondered if anyone had any experience with this.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Sure it can be reused, the only thing you need to do is match the bolt pattern on the back of set to the mount. New set are getting lighter every day so I don't think that well be a problem, and if you do have a bolt pattern problem look to Monoprice for adaptors. The mounting bolt patterns are called VESA and can run from 50X50 to 400X400 and larger for the 60 to 80 inch panels. Also in some cases the manufacture of the mount can have adaptors also.
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082805&p_id=3403&seq=1&format=2

1 - 3 of 3 Posts