AVS Forum banner

1081 - 1100 of 1805 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
yeah but William..I can spend 130 or I can convince Filtor to come over and just offer him unlimited cherry cokes....
@filtor1 Let's go to Chad's and drink $200 worth of Cherry Coke. Our tummy's may hurt and we'll probably be going to the bathroom every 5 minutes, but we'll teach Chad a lesson.
Hahahahahaha, I'm in.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
LTD02 sent me some designs on a VBSS build using the Dayton Audio PA-460...the design looks pretty good...Matt gave his seal of approval...I think this will be my next endeavor...

and I know William..I need to measure my room....Im sure Filtor is working on that..lol

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
@filtor... and I would like to set something up to have you out soon...

·
Registered
631 Posts
That's pretty sweet! Definitely a DIY budget option that looks good too!

But, in a dedicated room, those light colors are killing your contrast. Did you know that?

To each his own though. Maybe it doesn't bother you and you'd rather a nicer finish. I just have to mention this in case you weren't aware.
It really doesn't bother me. I am coming from a old Optoma HD65 (which is a 720p projector) to a JVC RS500 projector, so it is like going from the outhouse to the penthouse! LOL. Everything looks great to me! Plus, an all-dark colored room would not appeal to me at all. I like the aesthetics of contrasting colors on the walls. Even the 3-D picture from the projector is nice and bright.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
It really doesn't bother me. I am coming from a old Optoma HD65 (which is a 720p projector) to a JVC RS500 projector, so it is like going from the outhouse to the penthouse! LOL. Everything looks great to me! Plus, an all-dark colored room would not appeal to me at all. I like the aesthetics of contrasting colors on the walls. Even the 3-D picture from the projector is nice and bright.
thats what is most important..as long as you like it.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Hey guys! Been working non-stop so just lurking.
Loving all the pics lately. Great inspiration!
Anyway, I have another question per usual.
What is the best way to run 4 identical powered home theater subwoofers?
They are Proficient Audio S12's with plate amps.
I've attached pics!
mike..any progress on this yet? also saw on another posting you sold your PSA sub....good job.

·
Registered
809 Posts
@Mattcc22 @biliam1982 @filtor1 @easycruise @HighEndWire @omgwtfbbqcrew @todd1010 @dengland @mikedrum3000 @rselby

looking at doing some sort of GTG on December 9th...see who all would be interested...with possibly biliam1982 hostint...

thoughts??

Not sure at the moment. There is an audio event on that day in Sarasota (not sure if it will only be open to the Sarasota Audio Society only and it was a long drive) at a dealer (went to their October 14 event for the debut of the new Lampizator DAC where they had the designer/manufacturer and the distributor). It is for Gryphon Audio (sat next to the North American Distributor at dinner at the Rocky Mountain Audio fest) and Vivid Speakers (http://www.gryphon-audio.dk/products and https://www.vividaudio.com/).

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Not sure at the moment. There is an audio event on that day in Sarasota (not sure if it will only be open to the Sarasota Audio Society only and it was a long drive) at a dealer (went to their October 14 event for the debut of the new Lampizator DAC where they had the designer/manufacturer and the distributor). It is for Gryphon Audio (sat next to the North American Distributor at dinner at the Rocky Mountain Audio fest) and Vivid Speakers (http://www.gryphon-audio.dk/products and https://www.vividaudio.com/).
oh cmon..you know it will be alot more cooler trying out different speakers with all of us instead.

·
Registered
809 Posts
oh cmon..you know it will be alot more cooler trying out different speakers with all of us instead.
I have not made up the mind yet and not sure if the other meeting will be open. The North American Distributor may give out some nice demo CDs though. I've been super busy (had about 10 people over last Saturday with 5 audio systems going) and been up late every night catching up with a variety of stuff (and will take a break for a few days before getting back into some stuff as I'm super tired). The first thing is to have a confirmed meeting. I have not watched much HT and have two movies waiting for me (one is 'War for the Planet of the Apes' in 3D) and may try to get to them over the weekend.

Reactions: filtor1

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
sounds like you got your plate full...but i do hope you can join us....once we get everything set up

·
Registered
4,370 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Themed theaters are pretty cool, except I think it would feel weird to be watching a Western in a Sci-Fi themed theater. BTW, my theater has much better A/V equipment than that one.
cant wait to hear it...your theater is very nice looking..and I have never heard Triads..that will be interesting...we truly appreciate you having us..

will it be possible to test different speakers or is it a pain in the neck to get to?

·
Registered
631 Posts
cant wait to hear it...your theater is very nice looking..and I have never heard Triads..that will be interesting...we truly appreciate you having us..

will it be possible to test different speakers or is it a pain in the neck to get to?
Here is what I told William...

""Hi William,

Thanks for reaching out. I have no problem in holding the GTG, that date is fine, and I look forward to meeting you guys...but... I do have one caveat. I do not want to pull my rack out from the wall and disconnect all my speakers from the pre-pro, so that you guys can hook up your speakers. It is a real PITA to pull the rack out. It is also a new system for me, so I am not completely familiar with the hookups and settings, to restore it back, after you guys leave. I have a Atmos system with 15 speakers running simultaneously, along with 5 different amps, so you can imagine the complexity.

So, I must insist that one of you guys has to bring an AVR and a CD player, so that we don't have to tap into my system at all.

As for seating, it is pretty good, but not optimal. I have 3 main seats (all are not too far off-axis) and two bar-height stools w/bar table in the back of the room. We can remove my cocktail table and I have a small seat I can put up front, so I can seat 6 people. Or 7 people if one of you guys can bring a bean-bag chair for up front. I do have some excellent bookshelf speakers that I have stored away, and can throw into the mix of listening at this GTG. These speakers (CHT SHO-10) won a blind shootout at a previous AVS GTG a few years ago, against stiff competition. ""

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I will bring a pair of Boston Acoustic CR85's, a pair of my SEOS12/DNA360 AETD12M's, and the Mini Marty's if Bill wants them. :) I can bring the iNuke6000DSP and my laptop with the DSP software on it. I have a friend in Tampa with an Adcom GFA555, but am unsure I can get down there to borrow it. It does almost 350wpc. Anyone else have any 2 channel amps to use to audition?

My AVR is over 12 years old, Yamaha RX-V2400, but if we need it, I will remove it from the rack.

1081 - 1100 of 1805 Posts