AVS Forum banner

1161 - 1180 of 1805 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts

We will need scorecards to rate the speakers?
Which speakers will be coming?
We will need a track list?
I would like to start at 11 or 12?
so we have a total of 4 for sures....me, matt, biliam and filtor....XBR is trying..havent heard from OMG.

i will bring a pair of my Fusion 10's.

·
Registered
294 Posts

We will need scorecards to rate the speakers?
Which speakers will be coming?
We will need a track list?
I would like to start at 11 or 12?
My speakers available:
HTM-10's
DIY Pair of Dayton RS180 based bookshelf speakers
Sealed RSS390HO 15" subs
Volt-10's (these are up high and bolted down for surrounds, so unless someone is just DYING to hear, I would rather not get down!)

Let me know if any interest in any of these?

Anyone have a copy of the scorecard used at other GTG's? If not I'm sure we can ask.

11 sounds good to me to shoot for.

·
Registered
631 Posts
My speakers available:
HTM-10's
DIY Pair of Dayton RS180 based bookshelf speakers
Sealed RSS390HO 15" subs
Volt-10's (these are up high and bolted down for surrounds, so unless someone is just DYING to hear, I would rather not get down!)

Let me know if any interest in any of these?

Anyone have a copy of the scorecard used at other GTG's? If not I'm sure we can ask.

11 sounds good to me to shoot for.
I have the CHT SHO-10 speakers

Bill asked me via PM..

""Was thinking about it a little more. Would it be possible to to just disconnect your left and right speaker wires from the amp? That way it wouldn't be too difficult to know where to put back. Then we could just connect new cables to the speaker selector from your amp and plug yours in too to the speaker selector be included in the shoot-out and be able to utilize your system. Did that make sense? If it's too much don't worry.""

My A/V vendor is coming today. We will pull the rack out, but that will make us lose a seat in the back corner. My Triad Platinum LCRs are made to run with the Platinum subs, so I will have to figure out how to turn the subs off. It would be much easier if someone would bring a amp and a CD player/USB stick, so we dont have to tap into my system.

""We don't need to do a blind test, but a lot of the gear coming is very close in comparison. So that may be the only fair way to evaluate them. What do you mean by you already have the black acoustically transparent screens mad up?""

We can do the blind test. The left and right AT fabric panels of my false wall are easily removed from the wall and can be used as a screen to hide the speakers being tested. They are about 5 feet high and 2 feet wide. Second option here is that I have extra AT material rolled up in fabric bolts that we can drape over the test speakers to hide them.

""From what you said, you have seating for a total of 7, right? 3 in the main row, 2 behind on the bar table and can get 2 more stools from the kitchen?""

Yes, only 6 if we pull the rack out, though.

""I think so far from looking back through the thread that there will be 5 or 6 of us. Is that ok or too many""

That's OK.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
@eng-399 hey Mike..do you know where we can get speaker score cards? did you guys use them?

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I have the CHT SHO-10 speakers

Bill asked me via PM..

""Was thinking about it a little more. Would it be possible to to just disconnect your left and right speaker wires from the amp? That way it wouldn't be too difficult to know where to put back. Then we could just connect new cables to the speaker selector from your amp and plug yours in too to the speaker selector be included in the shoot-out and be able to utilize your system. Did that make sense? If it's too much don't worry.""

My A/V vendor is coming today. We will pull the rack out, but that will make us lose a seat in the back corner. My Triad Platinum LCRs are made to run with the Platinum subs, so I will have to figure out how to turn the subs off. It would be much easier if someone would bring a amp and a CD player/USB stick, so we dont have to tap into my system.

""We don't need to do a blind test, but a lot of the gear coming is very close in comparison. So that may be the only fair way to evaluate them. What do you mean by you already have the black acoustically transparent screens mad up?""

We can do the blind test. The left and right AT fabric panels of my false wall are easily removed from the wall and can be used as a screen to hide the speakers being tested. They are about 5 feet high and 2 feet wide. Second option here is that I have extra AT material rolled up in fabric bolts that we can drape over the test speakers to hide them.

""From what you said, you have seating for a total of 7, right? 3 in the main row, 2 behind on the bar table and can get 2 more stools from the kitchen?""

Yes, only 6 if we pull the rack out, though.

""I think so far from looking back through the thread that there will be 5 or 6 of us. Is that ok or too many""

That's OK.
yeah id rather not have u have to disconnect any of ur stuff..dont want to make this a pain in the butt at all for you. i know william and chris got some gear they can bring.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Here's my thoughts:

I have the HTM12's but Matt has the 10" version. I say he bring those as it would be a better match-up against Chad's Fusion's. But I could always bring mine is someone wants.

I have Concentric8's I say should be pitted against Matt's Volt10's.

Can't remember which one's Chris has. Some kind of DIY with AE woofers and Celestion CD w/ waveguide?

I also have a bunch of Yamaha speakers I could bring if anyone wanted to do a comparison of lower tier speakers. NS-777 towers, NS-444 center and NS-333 bookshelf.

Dave, I remember you have the Triad Platinum's for LCR, but what about the rest of your setup? Surrounds, ATMOS, Subs, etc?

Matt, not sure about doing subs this time. I guess we could. I have no way to transport my sealed SI HST18mkii's. Could do a Klipsch RW-12D but it's not that good compared to these other subs. It would be up to Chris if he wants to go Dave's first and then we could use the Mini Marty's w/ UM18's he's bringing to my house... but it might not be fair against the sealed 15's you got.

Scorecards might not be a bad idea. Anyone know what GTG thread they used them in to go ask?

I'm open for options on a track list and demo material. I'll take a pic of the demo and 4K discs I got if anyone wants me to bring them.

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Dave, sorry forgot to add I can bring as many of my 6x Crown XLS1500's and 3x Behringer iNuke6000DSP's as needed. Also have a bunch of extra speaker wire and speaker selector I should be getting this week. Matt has the same he should bring as a backup just in case.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Found it here ya go. Have fun guys at the GTG I wish I lived closer so I could attend. Just have fun with it everyone who’s been at my house has been really nice and respectful of my house and the quest who attended. I’m sure the you guys will experience the same with new attendees coming over.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Oh, and I have a Oppo 103 and 203 we could use to demo stuff w/ a USB stick with some DEMO stuff on it too.
do we have a receiver to bring?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Dave, I remember you have the Triad Platinum's for LCR, but what about the rest of your setup? Surrounds, ATMOS, Subs, etc?
My Setup

3 Triad Platinum LCR
2 Triad Platinum subs
4 Triad InCeiling Silver/6 for Atmos
2 Triad InWall Bronze Slimsubs (smoothing subs for side walls)
2 Triad InWall Gold surrounds (side surrounds)
2 Triad InWall Silver/6 Monitor (rear surrounds)
JVC RS500 projector
2 D-Sonic amps. total of 11 channels. 3x800W 8x400W
Marantz 8802A pre-pro
Oppo UDP-203 DVD player
Control4 automation
138 in. 2.35:1 Screen Innovations AT screen.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
My Setup

3 Triad Platinum LCR
2 Triad Platinum subs
JVC RS500 projector
Marantz 8802A pre-pro
Oppo UDP-203 DVD player
Control4 automation
dayum man you are fully loaded....all 4 atmos, 4 surrounds, side subs...I bet that whole get up costed a small fortune.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
My Setup

3 Triad Platinum LCR
2 Triad Platinum subs
JVC RS500 projector
Marantz 8802A pre-pro
Oppo UDP-203 DVD player
Control4 automation
I bet that is intense!

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
My Setup

3 Triad Platinum LCR
2 Triad Platinum subs
JVC RS500 projector
Marantz 8802A pre-pro
Oppo UDP-203 DVD player
Control4 automation
That’s a nice setup! Going to be an epic GTG!

Curious to know why you went with Silvers for the rears and not keep Golds?

Also, did you have your projector ISF calibrated? Or did you just load the bt. 2020 gamut and Arve curves for HDR?

·
Registered
631 Posts
That’s a nice setup! Going to be an epic GTG!

Curious to know why you went with Silvers for the rears and not keep Golds?

Also, did you have your projector ISF calibrated? Or did you just load the bt. 2020 gamut and Arve curves for HDR?
Golds were too big for the enclosure space.

Nothing calibrated yet, (except for Audyssey). I wanted the projector bulb and the speakers to be broken in first.

1161 - 1180 of 1805 Posts