AVS Forum banner

1181 - 1200 of 1805 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
And I was sort of moaning about 1.5 hour drive each way. IL is a bit further. :>)

Haha ya I’m a plane ride away from you guys. I wish we had your weather there Chicago is really cold today!

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Haha ya I’m a plane ride away from you guys. I wish we had your weather there Chicago is really cold today!
yeah wish you could attend too..you are an AVS Hall of Famer...LOL..

and hey its freezing down here too...its in the 60's..had to wear my jacket today.

Reactions: eng-399

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
And I was sort of moaning about 1.5 hour drive each way. IL is a bit further. :>)
for some reason I thought you were a little closer... :frown:

·
Registered
809 Posts
for some reason I thought you were a little closer... :frown:
I am about 3 hours from the FL border (with GA) on Rt. 95 and just under 2.5 hours to downtown Jacksonville on Rt. 95 assuming no traffic. When I was going back and forth to Northern VA where I moved from, it was about 14 hours of drive time with no stops. The GA border to the FL house was 3 hours drive time as was the NC northern border to the VA house. I am so glad to be over those drives on a regular basis.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
I am about 3 hours from the FL border (with GA) on Rt. 95 and just under 2.5 hours to downtown Jacksonville on Rt. 95 assuming no traffic. When I was going back and forth to Northern VA where I moved from, it was about 14 hours of drive time with no stops. The GA border to the FL house was 3 hours drive time as was the NC northern border to the VA house. I am so glad to be over those drives on a regular basis.
yeah i hated those drives..I used to be stationed in Wash DC and would drive back to Jax for the holidays. Always hated that drive.

how far are you from Palm Coast?

·
Registered
809 Posts
yeah i hated those drives..I used to be stationed in Wash DC and would drive back to Jax for the holidays. Always hated that drive.

how far are you from Palm Coast?
It's about 100 miles. I went to a guys house in my local audio group a couple of months back who lives there and a couple of guys who live down south drove to my house so they had a shorter ride. It roughly is an hour and a half (we stopped for lunch) to drive straight thru (basically most of it is on Route 95). A guy who lives almost an hour south of me may have a small audio get together soon and if the guy who lives in Palm Coast goes, he will likely just drive to my place. Once it gets to be much over 90 minutes one way, there won't be many of those I'd go to. I'm still behind on so many things, including a couple of minor things from Hurricane Irma.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Well, now I want to reverse my question... lol

Why did you go with Golds for side surrounds instead of Silvers?
Better speaker, more detail, more speakers in the cabinet. !! LOL. :)

Triad also said it was OK for me to "go for the gold"! instead of the silver

I am also 61 years old, so my hearing isn't as good as it used to be, so I need a bright speaker. The golds have seven drivers with two tweeters.

https://www.triadspeakers.com/products/home-cinema/iw-gold4-surround/

https://www.triadspeakers.com/products/home-cinema/iw-silver4-monitor/

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
are any of your speakers in plain view or are they all hidden?

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
dont u ever want to see them? lol....i think im weird in a way..I like looking at speakers.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
well with Filtor's foot injury and not being able to make it..we only got 3 confirmed...kinda disappointing...figured we would of gotten more people wanting to see an awesome theater and shoot the breeze with some fellow AV Enthusiasts. :frown::frown:

·
Registered
4,371 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I am glad I put my foot aside and drove over to Dave's house to meet everyone and experience this theater. I had a great time. Dave, Thank You for opening your home to us.

Dave, William, Chad, and Matt, it was great to meet you guys. I'm bummed my injury changed the itinerary for the GTG, but I am glad I got to meet everyone in such a unique space.

The Triad speakers were phenomenal. The entire room was full of detail. Here are a few of the pictures I took just to have a record. Much of my time was spent taking it all in. After thinking about it, this was my first real purpose built home theater experience. Very cool!

Edit: Sorry that some of the pictures are sideways. They weren't before they were uploaded.

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
great job Chris..

had a great time as well....was an awesome theater and it was really cool to experience one of the high end ones..was everything I thought it would be and more..i knew it would sound awesome and all that, so that wasn't a surprise, what did surprise me was the room was so soundproof..not a peep anywhere..i found that very cool.

·
Registered
506 Posts
The entire room was full of detail. Here are a few of the pictures I took just to have a record. Much of my time was spent taking it all in. After thinking about it, this was my first real purpose built home theater experience. Very cool!

Chris
Damn... It looks like I missed a Night Sky Mural as well!

Whole theater looks great. Sconces are beautiful.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Damn... It looks like I missed a Night Sky Mural as well!

Whole theater looks great. Sconces are beautiful.
you should of seen his house....holy schnikies!! and that view from his balcony..

1181 - 1200 of 1805 Posts