AVS Forum banner

1681 - 1700 of 1805 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Thanks for all the reply's!! yes this sounds really good. I got the Crown XLS1500 when they went on clearance last year or so. I think I am gonna have to get together soon. I am on the SouthSide, so not that far!

Yea sounds like you all are very good with the DIY scene! I am pretty good with the electronic portion, but not as much with the woodworking, lol. I did manage to build a nice SQ system for my car, but not much woodworking other than the IB baffle there.

Love the whole DIY route, so no issues there at all! Never heard of those speakers you mention, but I will do some googling now... Or maybe I shouldn't, maybe that will lead me into spending more money at some point, but thats gonna happen either way I guess. /forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
Banshee would you mind checking the car audio forum? I made a new thread just now about my car. I also have IB in there and MiniDSP and having a few issues.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm in Orlando and would love to join any meets.

Reactions: filtor1

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
I'm in Orlando and would love to join any meets.
will keep you in mind for our next one...our last one was a few months ago...im sure we are due for another one sometime soon.

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
what did u order from DIYSG?

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Dipping my two in the water with my first two Volt 10s rather than getting overwhelmed with all of them at once. (Current plan is a total of 8 for surrounds and Atmos overheads.)

I figured you would recognize the return address. :)
sweet!! u gonna love them

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
How often do the UM18-22s go on sale?

I am a fair amount of time away from starting construction on any Martys. Not sure if I need to jump on this or not.
u should of did it..it was a GREAT sale...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Those are some sweet speakers.....

If you ever did a GTG, I would def drive in! And I'm sure many other from the group would too to hear them.
I'd have no problem having a GTG...would like to meet some peeps first. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
I'd have no problem having a GTG...would like to meet some peeps first. ;)

LOL, yea I hear ya. There was some anxiety the first time we did our GTG up in Jax. But since then, we've done tons of them and haven't had any issues. I can vouch (and vice-versa) for almost all the guys on here. Especially the ones we've all met. Except for that chad character... he's squirrely.

There's a few other I know of in your neck of the woods. @jsrdlr @Theatrebuilder @gbegland

I also just found @alfa1 and @m0j0 in here:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/1354492-i-ll-demo-my-speakers-other-enthusiasts-thread-14.html#post57938872

You guys should def get something going. I believe there was even an Orlando thread but don't think it got much traction.

·
Registered
142 Posts
LOL, yea I hear ya. There was some anxiety the first time we did our GTG up in Jax. But since then, we've done tons of them and haven't had any issues. I can vouch (and vice-versa) for almost all the guys on here. Especially the ones we've all met. Except for that chad character... he's squirrely.

There's a few other I know of in your neck of the woods. @jsrdlr @Theatrebuilder @gbegland

I also just found @alfa1 and @m0j0 in here:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/1354492-i-ll-demo-my-speakers-other-enthusiasts-thread-14.html#post57938872

You guys should def get something going. I believe there was even an Orlando thread but don't think it got much traction.
I'm totally game for it! I moved from NC a couple of months ago so I don't really know any guys here. I used to have GTG and attend them there too...there was an easy going group of guys there which was quite enjoyable. Just listen and talk. No bs or drama.

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
I'm totally game for it! I moved from NC a couple of months ago so I don't really know any guys here. I used to have GTG and attend them there too...there was an easy going group of guys there which was quite enjoyable. Just listen and talk. No bs or drama.

That's what most of ours has been about. Though I would like to see us step up our game compared to some of the other well known GTG threads from around the country... like more technical and offer "classes" to help others learn, blind-testing, etc.

Also just saw @jdsmoothie is in Orlando. He's a legen on AVS. Would be great to add him to the group.

·
Registered
142 Posts
That's what most of ours has been about. Though I would like to see us step up our game compared to some of the other well known GTG threads from around the country... like more technical and offer "classes" to help others learn, blind-testing, etc.

Also just saw @jdsmoothie is in Orlando. He's a legen on AVS. Would be great to add him to the group.
I'm sure we can do as much as we want. I know I have something I can offer a local group. :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
I’m game as well!
Well, maybe some of the others will chime in and we can plan something. Otherwise, it will be the two of us to start.

1681 - 1700 of 1805 Posts