AVS Forum banner

1761 - 1780 of 1805 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I just want to give a public thanks to Chad @chadsmith013 and Charles @tarponater. They made me a deal I could not walk away from for Chad's Subs and Charles' NX6000. Yesterday was full of rain and Charles fabricated some platforms out of MDF to keep the pair of Cyclops high and dry. Great pair of guys!

Everything is safely up on my second story awaiting hook up.
awesome...u may be ready for a GTG soon!!! and was a pleasure doign business with you..hope they bring you plenty of enjoyment.

now im just like @Mattcc22 i got no bass.

Reactions: ian#77

·
Registered
494 Posts
Good to hear everything made it home in good order. It was nice seeing you again. Sorry I wasn't any help with the lifting, but my shoulder is really bad.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I’m looking to start piecing together my theater and was wondering if anyone of you knows where I can get some new speakers (DIYSG designs preferred) and if you can recommend an AT screen that’s not terribly expensive but looks good with 4K content.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
@biliam1982 for the screen stuff..

what DIYSG designs are you looking at? the HT's I believe are back in stock..

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
got me some new 21 subs....love them

Reactions: dengland and ian#77

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
ugghh...I though those were in stock...i would keep my eyes out..they should have some soon...allegedly.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Yeah. That’s why I was wondering if anyone down in your area had anything for sale. I really want to get this thing going! 👍

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
maybe @biliam1982 can be talked out of his HTM's ??

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
I’m looking to start piecing together my theater and was wondering if anyone of you knows where I can get some new speakers (DIYSG designs preferred) and if you can recommend an AT screen that’s not terribly expensive but looks good with 4K content.

Hey man, sorry I missed this post. Haven't been on AVS as much lately. It's a black hole that sucks you in and all concept of space/time disappear.

Anyhoo.... Need some more info. What's your budget? What's your room like? Blacked out? Multi-purpose living room? Light controlled? Do you need ALR (ambient light rejecting)? Will this be a fixed frame screen? Or do you need it to retract? What size do you want? Will it be regular 16:9 TV aspect ratio or a cinemascope 2.35:1? What projector are you using? What's your throw distance and projector placement height? Etc.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Hey man, sorry I missed this post. Haven't been on AVS as much lately. It's a black hole that sucks you in and all concept of space/time disappear.

Anyhoo.... Need some more info. What's your budget? What's your room like? Blacked out? Multi-purpose living room? Light controlled? Do you need ALR (ambient light rejecting)? Will this be a fixed frame screen? Or do you need it to retract? What size do you want? Will it be regular 16:9 TV aspect ratio or a cinemascope 2.35:1? What projector are you using? What's your throw distance and projector placement height? Etc.

@biliam1982

I have a 13W by 16L bonus room above the garage in a rental home. I have purchased black carpet to cover the lighter carpet, and I have purchase a huge amount of black felt, and burgundy material to cover the walls and ceiling. I am looking at a fixed frame screen to go with my BenQ HT5550 DLP projector. The projector height will be about 7' and the throw distance can be anywhere between 12'4" and 14'3" front he screen.

I am contemplating the Elite Screens AEON line for an ALR screen with a 1.2 gain, or their AT screen with a 1.0 gain (If i can figure out how to mount the screen 15" off the back wall...:confused::confused:)

Also, if you look at the room, you can see the pitched ceiling makes it difficult and east up a lot of space... I have attached a bad picture here:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Nope. Everything, other than the Volts, have some element out of stock. 😒
Volt 10's Out of stock too! Damn. (maybe it is just the front baffle) I final completed the first two Volt 10s for surrounds and was finally ready to pull the trigger on the next two (They had been in my cart for a month .…)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Volt 10's Out of stock too! Damn. (maybe it is just the front baffle) I final completed the first two Volt 10s for surrounds and was finally ready to pull the trigger on the next two (They had been in my cart for a month .…)
I'd be happy with a full set of Volt 6's for surround and Atmos duties! (or the 8's... ;) lol )

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I'd be happy with a full set of Volt 6's for surround and Atmos duties! (or the 8's... ;) lol )
you should post your updated pics.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
1761 - 1780 of 1805 Posts