AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on picking this TV up in the next couple days. And although I've looked and tinkered with it quite a bit in the stores. I'm also aware that you really don't get to know a TV till you get it home. So I was wondering if any other owners of the TV are lerking out there. If so what does this TV do well and do poorly in your opinion? Would you still recomend the TV after having owned it for a while now? Or would you go in a diferent direction? Anything you absolutely hate about the TV?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Since you haven't really gotten any replies, maybe this will help you out. I purchased the 40x667 model about 5 weeks ago, and after some tweaking am very happy with it. It's got theaterpro mode which sets the color temperature to 6500k, which to my understanding is what calibrater's attempt to set the temperature at when aligning your t.v. settings. On this mode you then can tinker with the contrast, brightness, tint, etc. Before using the theaterpro mode I was doing alot of tinkering and couldn't get the red to tone down (it had alot of noise and looked "electric" if you know what i mean). This is a feature that I would recommend you make sure your t.v. has when buying, and these jvc models do. SD is watchable, with newer programming looking better than say reruns of 80's sitcoms, though this is a quality of taping issue, not the t.v. I paid 1,399.99 for the set, and am really happy. I had a month to test it out at home, and believe me, I was willing to return the set. DVD's look good with my crappy $85 sony dvd player with progressive scan, and HD is impressive using the hdmi input. My buddy paid 5,000 about a year and a half ago for a samsung 56-57" dlp set from magnolia hi-fi and came over last weekend. He was impressed with the set. Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.