AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched through this section but haven't found any info specific to Canada. Is anyone aware of any Pioneer Kuro 6020s still available in Canada, specifically Ontario?

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm from southern Ontario. Forget about Best Buy or Futureshop. I've heard rumors that 2001 still has some Kuros. I believe there's a 2001 shop in Burlington. Gibby's Audio Video in St.Catharines and East Hamilton Radio in Hamilton carried the Elites but they've been sold out for several months now.

Likely if 2001 does have one, it'll be a demo unit.

Just checked the website for 2001 Audio and Video. They do have the 6020 listed on their website as "in store" only. Seems to be listed at full Canadian retail though.

Good luck!

·
Registered
91 Posts
2001 do have them and some are demo models and some are brand new. They just dropped the price to $3999.99 for the 6020.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I believe that 2001 only has the 6020 and 5020 non-Elite models, not any of the Elite models.

Your best bet is to get the dealer list from the Pioneer Canada website and start calling each dealer that carried Kuros.

Expect to have to drive or pay shipping. I wound up buying 5 hours away (Ottawa) in December 2009 to get a NIB PRO-101FD. I didn't get the lowest price that 101s were selling for locally; I paid about $150 more than the cheapest they ever were in Toronto.

The cheapest ever in Canada for the PRO-1-1fd was from Soundsaround in Calgary on Boxing Day. They bought the last 55 that Pioneer Canada had. They sold these for $1998+tax, but wouldn't ship. Yes, they're also sold out.

...karl

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I already have a 6020FD in my basement and now need a new TV for my den. I had thought that the new VT series Panasonics were going to fit the bill but all the rising black level talk and initial reviews have me feeling that I may be a bit disappointed in it. Mind you, it is more for my kids than myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts