AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
If I'm not mistaken laptops with core ix CPUs can bitstream TrueHD/DTS-HD, and the same goes for laptops with AMDs Zacate, Llano and 5/6-series graphics, so they should also be able to handle multichannel PCM shouldn't they?

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm aware that there were soundcards that could do it in '09 ...it was finding laptops equipped with them, that was the problem for me.

If multichannel PCM is a readily-available feature in laptop HDMI now, that's great news, thanks!

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reactivating this because the time has come to buy a new one -- if anyone knows some specific brand/models/configs of *laptops* that bitstream lossless *surround* (i.e., not crippled to 2-channel) audio, please post.

Even today it's not straightforward from reading reviews and specs whether a given laptop does this -- though I am assuming that when Blu-ray and Dolby TrueHD capability are part of the spec, that should mean 'can stream lossless surround audio from its HDMI port'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.