AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone posted a list of current and future DVD player offerings with DVI connections anywhere?

I see Pioneer will have one with SACD & HDMI....now if it were just a recorder it would be close to perfection.

Quote:
September 19, 2003

Pioneer Announces First DVD-Audio And SACD Player With HDMI

Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. announced the Pioneer Elite DV-59AVi, a new universal DVD player that offers both a High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) and i.LINK (IEEE 1394) connectors for both digital audio and digital video connectivity. Pioneer also has given this DVD player the ability to scale DVD-Video to HD-quality, as well as playback of DVD-Audio and SACDs.

The DV-59AVi includes 216 MHz/14-bit video processing and Legato Link PRO™, Pioneer's audio frequency range expansion technology. The player also offers Pioneer's PureCinema™ progressive scan. The DV-59AVi offers three Burr-Brown 192kHz/24-bit digital-to-analog audio converters, six-channel analog audio output, bass management, Dolby® Digital, DTS®, and SRS® TruSurround™.

"This is the next logical progression in our highly regarded DVD player line," said Russ Johnston, Senior Vice President of Marketing for the Home Entertainment Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. "Offering a DVD player with a one-wire high-bandwidth solution for both audio and video, while still maintaining copyright protection has been a goal of ours for some time now. The DV-59AVi marks the beginning of a new era in DVD player technology and connectivity."

The Pioneer Elite DV-59AVi will be one of the first DVD players that will allow users to connect directly to televisions via an HDMI connection. As a result of having a pure digital connection that can handle high definition, Pioneer incorporated the T-REXâ„¢ chip into the player, allowing for upconversion of DVD-Video to high-definition resolution.

The i.LINK technology is an industry standardized format, allowing for compatibility with other four-pin IEEE 1394 input connections. Pioneer offers a series range of receivers with i.LINK connections, including the VSX-59TXi, VSX-49TXi, and VSX-55TXi.

The Pioneer Elite DV-59AVi also offers the following video features:

- Super-Fine Focus Filter with 4:4:4 video upsampling

- 14 adjustable video parameters including: Progressive Motion, PureCinema (on, off, auto), YNR, CNR, Sharpness High, Sharpness Mid, Detail, White Level, Black Level, Gamma, Black Setup, Hue, Chroma Level, and Chroma Delay. There are two new adjustable video parameters for HDMI: HDMI color and HDMI detail. Once the desired adjustments have been made, they can be saved in one of three available user memory settings.

- Three factory video settings (CRT/PDP/Professional)

- Trick play processor (smooth scan)

- Upgraded graphic user interface

The DV-59AVi will be available in the winter with a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $1,600.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Now how many devices can this thing hook up to? I haven't heard of any HDMI PJ's or RPTV's...then again I haven't been listening that hard.

The first HDMI with the chroma bug (which they don't admit exists).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.