AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to have a network device connect to my TV in another location from the PC to view photo files. Music and motion video is secondary need.

I've seen the PRISMIQ.
http://www.prismiq.com/products/techspecs.asp

Are there any other low cost devices on the market?

One with a RGB or VGA output versus s-video would be ideal for my desired application.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
There's the Linksys WMA11B "Media adapter". I think it sells for around $179. Does photos & MP3 music, but unlike the Prismiq I don't think it plays videos. Still has just s-video out, though.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by jimre
There's the Linksys WMA11B "Media adapter". I think it sells for around $179. Does photos & MP3 music, but unlike the Prismiq I don't think it plays videos. Still has just s-video out, though.
This seems like it meets most of my requirements, except I really want a higher resolution output to my Sammy DLP set.

It could be a good gap filler while I wait for the next generation networked DVR's with DVI to come out.

Anyone else seen or heard of any thing?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I have the HP digital media center. It is for Photos and Music. It works great in my home. I distribute the signal to my modulators and multi zone audio amp.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by SHS
Well take look at Hauppauge MediaMVP for $99
I'd rather have the Roku for my Sammy DLP HDTV with VGA input for true HDTV display of picture files and video files.

However, I'd say the Hauppauge beats the PRISMIQ on value.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.