AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3060 that partially died after a thunderstorm. The modem appears to be dead (will not connect), but everything else works. It powers up fine and will do manual records on some channels.

Are there any shops or private parties who specialize in buying these units? I could have it repaired and then sell it on Ebay, but I'd just as soon save the hassle and all the postage costs by selling it direct to someone who wants to repair and resell it.

If no one is buying dead Replays, then I need to search for a technician who knows how to do this type of repair. I haven't found anyone in my area (Central Illinois). Can someone provide me with the name of a reliable shop that does the modem and power supply repairs? I seem to recall a thread that mentioned that these repairs cost around $90-$100, but I haven't been able to find those messages.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dallben
Send it to Mikeyboy !!! :D
I'll second that one. Mikeyboy has helped literally thousands here and asked for nothing in return -- well now I guess he is begging for old Showstoppers -- how tacky is that? ;)

And Security Geek, I do hope you sent him yours without attempting to "charge" more than nominal shipping/handling?

·
Registered
478 Posts
He made an offer for both the unit & the shipping. I accepted. I assume he got a fair price, as it was his offer. I didn't haggle with him over it, I ain't that greedy. :rolleyes:

I sent it out 2-day fedex yesterday evening, and due to the niceness of the fedex people in his area, he got it today.

I still think you should split the cost with him. :D :D

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
I got the PVHS3000 a little while ago and at a more than fair price thanks to Dallben. I love it!!! Already got rid of the Panasonic logo and now it's time to get some shows schedulled!! Life is good!!:D

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Well you know when Mikeyboy's happy, I'm happy. We're all happy! :)

And yes I did promptly pay that bill he sent me, even though I though I owed more than that? Guess ya don't haggle with Mikeyboy.

Dallben now it's only fair you split that surcharge (ok minus shipping) with the Ankle Biter? :D

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Hey Mikeyboy, you break it this time we ain't helpin' you no mo'.

;)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by heathriel

;)
No worries -- I made him promise not to kill it before I would send it out. ;)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by KenL
Dallben now it's only fair you split that surcharge (ok minus shipping) with the Ankle Biter? :D
Okay, you can give me half, but not a penny more, I tell you! ;)

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by heathriel

;)
What do you mean? I still need a eprom program from a 3000. Hopefully someone will donate a motherboard before I lose control.

·
Registered
478 Posts
"Put down the soldering iron and step AWAY from the Replay"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.