AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Gulf War Vet,

Yes, today I joined the AV Science Forum and this is my very first post. In further, I have previously found the posts on this site very helpful while insightful; whereas, I have never found it necessary to post until now.

Basically, I'm unfortunately having a customer service issue with Emotiva Audio Corporation relating specifically to their customer service and following their own company policy.

Well, it's absolutely not my style to air out dirty laundry so I'd like to provide Emotiva Corporation ample opportunity in a timely manner to address my concern first of which I sent them an e-mail today and I await their response.

At this time to potentially evaluate the existence of any trends, I'd like to know if anyone has had any "negative" issues with Emotiva Audio Corporation customer service?

Thanks in advance for the feedback- much appreciated.

Gulf War Vet

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've never dealt with Emotiva myself, but I think their overall customer service reputation is overwhelmingly positive. That said, they do seem to be having issues with their latest product, the UMC-1. Being a small company, these issues may have bled over into their customer service, particularly if your issue is related to that particular product.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyb09 /forum/post/18140834

Thank you for your service
(and I'm not talking about customer service here)

Thanks Scottyb09, I'm a 20 year veteran from the U.S. Air Force who played 3 times in the Saudi Arabia sandbox. Wife did her 20 too. Two family members each serving in harms way through rotation of deployments overseas is no doubt stressful.

BTW, all is good on the home front now. I have recently corresponded with Emotiva and their customer service was absolutely awesome! I could not ask for better customer service!

Just a simple misunderstanding that can happen. It's all good!

Gulf War Vet

·
Registered
951 Posts
I've dealt with Emo customer service asking some questions regarding a unit I had and they were helpful. A couple caveats though:

* I never took it to the next level, meaning I didn't send anything back.

* I dealt with them duing a slower period and not during a hectic product launch. Unfortunately a product launch can be a very stressful time for a company. And we all know what stress will do to a person.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, now should be able tom post URLs.- Post#4

In further, right now, I'm running an Adcom GFA-5800 mosfet amp of which I've had for over a decade. The power switch is broke so it stays on continuously but I plug it into an Adcom ACE 515 enhancer so a relay powers it up fine.

My speakers are a pair of Newform Research R645 dipole ribbons of which I ordered factory direct from Canada over a decade ago. I still like the speakers for they are very transparent and I've grown accustomed to tall speakers since the 645s are 76" in height.

As of now, I'm looking into changing electronics so looking into Emotiva but had a glitch with customer service but it appears now taken care of in a timely manner. To some degree, Emotiva reminds me of Adcom in the 1990's. They definitely have lowered the price of admission for someone to get into separate components which can spur the competition. The problem is, as many, Adcom appeared to jump on the home theater bandwagon and IMO lost focus of 2 channel audio while it appears that Emotiva has to some degree resurrected 2 channel audio with the key of affordability.

Back in September 2008, it was announced that Adcom was coming out with with a new "ZVT" series of amps- Zero Voltage Transition. Well, since I was looking forward to see these, I later contacted Adcom and it appears that the series never came to fruition:

http://www.cedailynews.com/2008/09/adcoms-09-audio.html

Well, right now, Adcom is having a President's Day sale for 4 days to purchase electronics factory direct:

http://www.adcom.com/default.aspx

At the same time, I wonder if this is any marketing trend indication of which is the ability to purchase Adcom through K-Mart on-line?

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/search_10...adcom&sLevel=0

Hope all the links work.

Gulf War Vet

·
Registered
361 Posts
they treated me great..had to exchange a XPA-5 (possibly defective) for a UPA-5..they sent the UPA-5 out same day,picked up the XPA-5 and credited my acct for the difference within a week......

·
Registered
3,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyb09 /forum/post/18140834

Thank you for your service
(and I'm not talking about customer service here)

Ditto that!

As for EMO, I have always had a good experience with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.