AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But I sit about 7 feet from a 50" and at that distance it is much easier to see. SSE is the only reason I haven't bought a SXRD and went with a 50" Panny instead. But I want to upgrade this fall and Im really hoping that they somehow god rid of it. Oh, and the 120hz is also a nice addition.

·
Registered
Sony A90J panel; Marantz SR7015 AVR; Paradigm Signature speakers; Oppo 203 and Panasonic 820 UHD BR.
4,314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by louky /forum/post/0

there are plenty of other improvements i would be wishing for besides sse elimination. it's not that bad on the sxrd with the proper settings.

"Settings, shmettings." SSE is not dependent on settings (unless you set the brightness on about "0" and preset to "Movie." I am talking about a VERY dark screen. So, yea, SSE is UGLY and a factor on RP. I think JVC is particularly prone to SSE. It is, of course, most evident in very bright scenes- sky...white clouds, sun, bright-white objects. Plasmas are not prone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.