AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a huge Hitachi fan and own 2 of their HD LCD RPTVs. However, I haven't seen anything about them showing any new RPTVs at CES. Did they make any announcements or show any on the floor??

They don't have a single 1080p model!! They don't do DLP and thus far have no LCOS solution, and all of their LCDs are 720p. I was hoping o hear about a 1080p RPTV from them.

On a side note, why doesn't anybody release 1080p LCD RPTVs? Is it even technically possible?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Not all companies make their product annoucements at CES. Hitachi was showing off some 1080p plasmas. I don't know if they were "new" or not. There was a press release. Surely you can find it on Hitachi's web site. The copy I've seen is posted on a web site that isn't always well received by the admins on this board, so I'm not going to chance it. If you want to PM me, I'll send a link.

Panasonic was showing some new LCD based RPs that are 1080p. They were also showing some two years ago and they never made it to the US market. Theirs was the only LCD RP I saw at the show. LCD RP just doesn't compete well with DLP and LCoS in terms of black levels/contrast.

If you don't like DLP based RPs, I suggest looking at the JVC HD-ILA or Sony SXRD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.