AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems now that CEDIA has passed most manufacturors such as Pioneer and Yamaha have announced their 2004 high end receivers. Still nothing from Denon? They announce a few dvd players and mentioned new receivers for 2004. I assume one to replace the 5803. Yamaha and Pioneer have some nice looking high end receivers. Anyone hear anything from Denon?

·
Registered
587 Posts
They plan on announcing there new lineup in Jan. at CES.

~ Jay

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
From what I've gathered they won't even be making an announcement until CES in January. Let's hope they reward us for waiting (DVI switching, Faroudja processing, lipsync compensation, face plate color choices--and how about a built-in little lcd monitor?) Are you listening Denon Jeff?:D

·
Registered
587 Posts
Follow this Denon link and there is a small story on there up coming separates.

~ Jay

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Yeah, but what about the new receivers?

I had ordered a 5803 a month ago, and the dealer can't get them anymore, due to the fact that it looks like it's been, or is in the process of being discontinued. Having to wait until January sucks.

I may just start looking elsewhere for a new receiver if Denon don't announce the new ones in the next few week or so.

It seems foolish to be in the process of dropping the old models, and making them hard to get if you even did want one, but yet not announcing the new ones for yet another 4 months.

I'm sure if that is what their plans are in handling the new models that are to replace the old ones.

That it is going to cost them more than just a few lost sales in the next 3 or 4 months.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Quote:
rgrossman From what I've gathered they won't even be making an announcement until CES in January. Let's hope they reward us for waiting (DVI switching, Faroudja processing, lipsync compensation, face plate color choices--and how about a built-in little lcd monitor?) Are you listening Denon Jeff?
As long as we're speculating, how about some form of parametic EQ room correction and automatic setup, video upconversion all the way to DVI/HDMI and of course an upgrade path!

Regards,

dc

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I think there'll be creeping releases. You've seen the 1604 and 1804 get delivered already... The 2803, 3803, 4802R and 5803 all seem likely for upgrades throughout 2004, I'm just not sure when.

The 5803 really needs to kick some booty given the Sony and Yamaha and Pioneer offerings. I guess I'd also hope that the 480x and 380x get major upticks, because that is more of the sweet spot in the market.

Mark

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've been sitting on my 5700 now for a while, waiting for Denon to come up with a successor to the 5803. I want to see a display on the front, DVI( or newer) switching, and anything else they want to throw in the mix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.