AVS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
E3 is over now. It would have been a big announcment if they did. The wait continues.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
The series peaked in SSX3, and unless they add to that specific formula, I don't see it getting any more perfect than that. SSX: On Tour was disappointment.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Was On Tour the Wii version? If so, then no wonder. SSX PS2 version with waggle. Yipee. A new SSX could really shine on the new hardware with all kinds of new drop in drop out online modes similar to Burnout Paradise.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I want a new online ssx so bad. I am still bummed that ea closed the ssx3 servers. The snowboard game might be fun if it races and is not a trick based game like amped or tony hawk. The tricks should give you boost, not be the point of the game. IMO.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus311 /forum/post/14317535

Was On Tour the Wii version? If so, then no wonder. SSX PS2 version with waggle. Yipee. A new SSX could really shine on the new hardware with all kinds of new drop in drop out online modes similar to Burnout Paradise.

No, the Wii version was SSX Blur, which was the worst of all SSX games. On Tour was 'SSX4'. The menu art was great, buit the game was lacking. You couldn't even use the popular characters in 'career' mode. You had to make your own UGLY ass character.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin CZ /forum/post/14322074

No, the Wii version was SSX Blur, which was the worst of all SSX games. On Tour was 'SSX4'. The menu art was great, buit the game was lacking. You couldn't even use the popular characters in 'career' mode. You had to make your own UGLY ass character.

nobody said you had to model the character after yourself

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin CZ /forum/post/14322074

You had to make your own UGLY ass character.

it's times like these when MS Live Vision Camera support would be great...

i mean really, it's a shame that only a handful of games actually support that thing, otherwise it would actually be worth having...

·
Registered
3,613 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd /forum/post/14325870

nobody said you had to model the character after yourself

That hurts me in areas I dunno I even had.

I'll take you on with Kaori anytime of the week. Too bad SSX3 isn't online.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin CZ /forum/post/14329612

That hurts me in areas I dunno I even had.

·
Registered
16,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I actualy love SSX3, On Tour, and Blur on the wii. All 3 have +'s and -'s compared to one another. I was realy hoping for a next gen graphic version of SSX as this game could get a nice face lift on the 360/PS3. Oh well....

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
I think EA big was something of a failure. NFL street, that soccer arcade game, etc. Wasn't ssx part of that division? Maybe they don't even have anyone to work on it...?

·
Registered
16,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey > work /forum/post/17042631

I think EA big was something of a failure. NFL street, that soccer arcade game, etc. Wasn't ssx part of that division? Maybe they don't even have anyone to work on it...?

Bummer
God I would love an updated SSX game with current gen graphics and a super LONG run like SSX3 had once you unlocked it!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Has anyone played Stoked? Is it any good? There were two snowboarding games that came out this year but both got tepid reviews from the pros and I dont know any regular people that actually played them so I am reluctant to pick one up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts