AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably like a few others, I was a little disappointed with the lack of information about the upcoming Sony recorders from CES. Having had a RDR-GX7 for a while, I now know that I need a hard disk model (and much prefer a Sony over a Panasonic, for reasons that probably aren't worth hashing out here again). Anyway, my needs are for a Sony machine with firewire, a hard disk and similiar type of editing capability (and picture quality) to the RDR-GX7, but being able to take advantage of the hard disk for editing.

As I understand, this type of model MAY be available in the summer (the question being over the firewire - I have not seen any conformation that this will be on the hard disk models mentioned at CES). Does anyone have any additional information on Sony's plans, beyond the limited information in the Sony press release?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
there has not been any info on that yet, but i assume that it will have it. SOny it pretty good about having multiple input/output abilities. Another you should look out for is philips. They will have one with DVI abilitie and hard drive also. looks promising.

-robert

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.