AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I've read, the next update (755?) is supposed to give us the ability to view program info for all PSIP compliant OTA stations.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
That would be great. It's really annoying not to have it. "Local Digital" doesn't tell me much.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
The only reason I subscribe to the satellite local feed is to know what's on my OTA feed, looks like the new update will save me 5 bucks a month :)

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Glenn, don't be too trigger happy to cancel your local subscription. At least in the Portland, OR market, we only have 1 channel doing the PSIP info.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Glenn_L,

The last 6000 software update allowed more than three satellites. It was reported that one could get both the 61.5 and 148 by adding a SW21 to combine the output of the SW64 and the fourth satellite position. Have you tried this? Does it work? I am asking you because I thought you had previously tried to receive 148 and 61.5 simultaneously.

I also wanted to try to get both.

Rick R

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Rick,

There are now five satellites on the menu; 61.5, 110, 119, 129, 148. There is also a separate install check box for 129 only. I think the 129 was added for special purposes, like dealer only feeds?

I have the dual LNB on the 110/119 dish, this has a built in SW21 type switch. From what I found out before is that you can not have two more SW21's on the same line.

Right now I have three dishes, the dual 110/119 and two 18" dishes pointing at 61.5 and 148. I just switch lines between the two 18" dishes.

You can get both 61.5 and 148 if you give up either 110 or 119. I don't think software is the problem, it's the hardware switches limitations.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The 129° location is being used for the Philadelphia local stations that aren't on the main satellites. There are no spot beams which cover Philadelphia. The reason for this is that Philadelphia has very few subscribers (thanks to Comcast Sportsnet not being available).

Four satellite locations are possible only with the SW-64/SW-21 combo. The duplicate stations on the two side locations will show up twice in the guide, but you will always tune to the 61.5° version. It is possible to receive both CBS-HD East and West via this method.

Bob

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rbird
Four satellite locations are possible only with the SW-64/SW-21 combo. The duplicate stations on the two side locations will show up twice in the guide, but you will always tune to the 61.5° version. It is possible to receive both CBS-HD East and West via this method.

Bob
Have you done this? I believe the SW64 has a similar switch in it like the SW21, so it is not possible to have two inline. This is what I had thought of doing until I found out it would not work. If it does work, you would have to switch out the twin LNBF for a dual. I'd like to hear if anyone is using this setup.

Dish has a SW64 diagram here: http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads.../install-5.pdf

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
When the last software download came, I read on another thread that someone did this. The SW64 was connected to three satellites (119, 110, & 61.5). The output of the SW64 was combined with the 148 satellite with a SW21. The output of the SW21 went to the Dish 6000. They stated that which of the two inputs of the SW21 was connected to the SW64 and which was connected to the 148 was important. I do not remember which input came from which device however.

As I have a SW64 already it would only be adding a small dish and SW21 so I think I will try it.

Rick R

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Let me know how it works out. To switch from a twin to dual LNBF with a SW64 seems to require a lot of extra hardware as shown in the diagram above.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Being able to display PSIP would be great, but how about adding Text Captioning capability? The 6000 is one of few STBs that don't have this capability.

Gerald C

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.