AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm surprised there hasn't been any info leaked on it yet or even speculated about. Some of the higher end receivers are already starting to come out and the ones that haven't, almost all the info about them is there too.

The 6200/7200 is already out. It's based on the HT-RC160. So can we assume the 9200 will be based on the HT-RC180 since the HT-RC160 isn't THX certified. Or will the 9200 not be THX certified this year? Or will they just skip the higher end model this run, though it doesn't appear likely since they arn't skipping the higher end receivers and have introduced two new ones. But if it is based on thr HT-RC180, will it command a $500 premium? Judging by price differences in the Ht-RC160 and HT-RC180.

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a good thought I didn't consider. But if they arn't selling, then why did they have the price raised closer to MSRP again after the new year? I figured that meant it was a hot item and moving inventory.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Stores like amazon like to raise the price of items as the inventory get low.(mainly electronics) Everyone else seems to base their prices off amazon. Again, another assumption.

just a thought

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Figure I'd give this thread a bump.

Seeing as it's being reported that they're starting to discount the 9100THX again to near record low prices close to what they had last year, maybe it's predecessor is right around the corner.

Then again, IFA and CEDIA has come and gone with nary a word, mention or whisper.

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From the horses mouth...

"Thank You for contacting Onkyo USA Product Support.

Hi William,

As far as I know the HT-S9100THX is still available and no replacement home theater system coming anytime soon. The new Home theater system that came out is Onkyo's HT-S7200 which is NOT THX certified.

Thank you,

Marc H."

Unless something is released @ CEATEC in Japan (which is possible since Onkyo is a Japanesse company) it looks like we're sol.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you went and bought the HT-RC180, the SKS-HT870 speakers, and optionally a UP-A1 and/or a UP-HT1, wouldn't you basically end up with what an S9200 would be?

I've priced it out, and it's less than $300 more(with the UP-A1) than the S7200 - Which is about the difference in price between the RC160 and RC180.

Where's the downside to this?

-Kyle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Alright, I've been holding out on an updated version of the Onkyo 9100THX for longer than six months and I'm itching to buy soon. Does anyone have any info or heard any rumors on an updated version of Onkyo's 9100THX HTiB?? I see there is a 3300 and 5300 already available. Seeing as the 9100THX came out in Oct. 2008, it is due for updates. Anyone know or hear anything!??

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have noticed that recently NCIX here in Canada just posted the HT-S9300THX in their inventory as well as onecall.com

Unfortunately no details are present. I would think the speakers would be a step up from the SKS-HT870 set as they will likely want to have a THX certification.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bheide /forum/post/18874052

I have noticed that recently NCIX here in Canada just posted the HT-S9300THX in their inventory as well as onecall.com

Unfortunately no details are present. I would think the speakers would be a step up from the SKS-HT870 set as they will likely want to have a THX certification.

onkyo just posted the 6300 and 7300 as the top of the line

·
Registered
10 Posts
I take it back. The SKS-870 speaker set would do just fine with a THX certified receiver like the 608. They have more than enough output.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bheide /forum/post/18896367

I take it back. The SKS-870 speaker set would do just fine with a THX certified receiver like the 608. They have more than enough output.

Onkyo isn't known for making good speakers seriously you are not going to get THX sound out of those cheap onkyo's

You'd be better off just going for a 2.0 speaker set-up with Polk Monitor 70's which are now just $150 per speaker....Thats a steal!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts