AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
The Panasonic TH-42PM50 Plasma is an older Japanese Model (2001).

It's funny that Abes of Maine's still listing this model as pre-order on their website.

Check Out the all-new BruZZi's Panasonic Plasma FAQ

The FAQ plus links to Plasma Stands, Wallmounts, Murals, Lifts, Speakers, Frames, Bezels & More.

Also links to Audio/Video Faqs, Comparisons, News, Reviews, Shootouts, Tutorials, Tweaks & Many More.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I saw the 2005 copyright on the pic and assumed it was a new model. Guess that's just a standard footer they attach to all the product images on their site.

/steve

·
Premium Member
18,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruZZi
The Panasonic TH-42PM50 Plasma is an older Japanese Model (2001).

It's funny that Abes of Maine's still listing this model as pre-order on their website.
That's so funny - this thing will just not go away !

I think they leave it up there to entice people to call them, then they can do the old Bait-and-Switcheroo :D

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters
That's so funny - this thing will just not go away !

I think they leave it up there to entice people to call them, then they can do the old Bait-and-Switcheroo :D

Yup.

Especially being one of those Brooklyn... I mean "Crooklyn" Stores !!! :D :D :D

The FAQ plus links to Plasma Stands, Wallmounts, Murals, Lifts, Speakers, Frames, Bezels & More.

Also links to Audio/Video Faqs, Comparisons, News, Reviews, Shootouts, Tutorials, Tweaks & Many More.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Guess what ???

Abes of Maine finally removed the TH-42PM50 Model from their Website.

They must be reading this Forum. ;) :D :D :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
A CSR at Costco was good enough to look thru computer for any new Panasonic entries, and she found:

TH42PM50U; ED plasma; expected arrival of October 6; SKU 904250; price is a chunk less that MSRP in OP, but nothing remarkable given the current market.

When I checked at Costco ~10 days ago, this item was not in their computer......

·
Premium Member
18,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobronie
A CSR at Costco was good enough to look thru computer for any new Panasonic entries, and she found:

TH42PM50U; ED plasma; expected arrival of October 6; SKU 904250; price is a chunk less that MSRP in OP, but nothing remarkable given the current market.

When I checked at Costco ~10 days ago, this item was not in their computer......
Obviously a single-digit data-entry error by a minimum-wage clerk. Unless this thing has come back from the dead :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
panasonic th42pm50u

What is this???

Costco has a ton of these just in. Both stores in my area have ten . I can't believe it's not the same panel as the PD or PX. It does not have PnP. It looks very bright if a little pixelated but settings can be screwy in Costco of course. It also has no tuner- mentioned on the box and the Costco spec sheet. No other specs on the box...

M

·
Premium Member
18,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhitman
panasonic th42pm50u

What is this???

Costco has a ton of these just in. Both stores in my area have ten . I can't believe it's not the same panel as the PD or PX. It does not have PnP. It looks very bright if a little pixelated but settings can be screwy in Costco of course. No specs on the box...
Panasonic has resurrected a very old model number from a long-gone Japanese monitor and assigned it to the new model they provide to Costco and a few other discount wharehouse type stores around the country.

It's the exact same model as the TH-42PD50U except for the following changes:

It has no RF input and does not have any tuners whatsoever.

It does not have the Optical Audio output like the PD50 has.

It has a dark gray bezel instead of the all-silver one on the PD50.

Official TH-42PM50U at Costco thread

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.