AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I received an updated set of drivers from Hauppauge as part of a trouble shooting exercise to see what was causing the board to lock up tighter than a pair a pants on Thanksgiving. The drivers were a revision newer than those in the 1.9 Release back in June. The WinTV2000 software was the same I believe. At any rate, after unsuccessfully trying to keep this board stable with the drivers I RMA'd the sucker and have since received a new board. This one locks up too.

I've been running Windows 2000 for a couple years now, so it's hard for me to believe that it would take them this long to get their act together, but I'm going to try installing Windows ME and see if the board is more stable.

OK, so the real 64 thousand dollar question is, has anyone else been in contact with Hauppauge and received updated drivers and/or application software? If so, have you noticed any improvements in the stability or functional enhancements to the application? I've had a WinTV-HD for almost 10 months now, and I'm tired of waiting for Hauppauge to release software that will actually allow me to watch HDTV with their product. Don't get me wrong, I think the hardware product is fine, but the software stinks to high heaven. We just need them boys to speed more time getting these expensive slot protectors working.

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
Joe -

I downloaded some new drivers on 11/2 based upon some post on this board. You could probably find it with a search.

But I have not had time to play with them yet. Still not installed.

But under Win/Me the only time I crash seems to be if I turn on PSIP info with that registry zap.

- Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.