AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
13,531 Posts
ABC and ESPN-HD will offer the Stanley Cup games in HDTV. If DirecTV adds the ESPN HDTV channel by May 27, then you will get at least a few NHL playoff games in HDTV. If they don't add ESPN-HD by that date, then you won't have NHL playoffs in HD on DirecTV.

· Registered
4,367 Posts
I think "free" OTA HD is getting better and better. I've enjoyed watching my Dallas Stars on HDNet this year, and I can't wait to see them on ABC HD in the playoffs!

· Registered
443 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by flyerman
Anyone know when ABC in New York will get HD on the (OTA) air?
September 1st, 2003 accd to Antennaweb.org

· Registered
443 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by space2001
Are they only going to show teh last series for the Stanely cup or are there going to be other series played in HD. Would love to see more hockey on HD.
I don't see the first round games listed in HD, but who knows?

· Registered
157 Posts
Does anyone have an actual ESPN HD schedule for this? Up until now I've only heard rumors of them carrying the Finals, along with ABC. But if there is an actual published schedule somewhere, can we get a link? Thanks! Of course, it doesn't matter until they put it on DirecTV for me...

· Registered
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ponnie1996
actually ESPN HD schedule in Synopsis thread lists April 24th as the first NHL playoff game that they will televise. Potentially 13 viewers for that telecast!
Acutally I think it has been reduced to 11 as two people did not know what they were ordering....Ironic since ESPN HD doesn't know who to provide thier HD signal to. On one hand you have people ordering it w/o HD equipment...on the other you have ESPN HD and their 11 person viewership....which is more pathetic?????

Blade99

· Registered
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Blade99
Acutally I think it has been reduced to 11 as two people did not know what they were ordering....Ironic since ESPN HD doesn't know who to provide thier HD signal to. On one hand you have people ordering it w/o HD equipment...on the other you have ESPN HD and their 11 person viewership....which is more pathetic?????

Blade99
The Carolina Hurricane? :)

· Registered
3 Posts
JoeInNVa: You are not mistaken, the Caps 1st home game will be in HD on CSN (according to their website):

"Capitals fans will have an opportunity to watch the excitement of playoff hockey like never before, as Comcast SportsNet produces Game 3, the first home game of the series, in HDTV. Comcast SportsNet HDTV can be seen where available in the Baltimore and Washington areas on Comcast digital cable channel 172. "

Too bad that the games played in Tampa will only be shown in SD, since those are the only ones I will be watching on TV and not in person.

I also noticed that this Saturday's game is on ABC. Will that be in HD?

· Registered
373 Posts
And the only known people with ESPN-HD are in Vegas. Have they ever even heard of ice hockey in the oven down there? ;) No offense, I love the place. Just hoping we get ESPN HD here before these playoff games come around! Seems doubtful for me with some of the quotes I've seen from the Comcast CEO.

Randy

· Registered
396 Posts
All Philly Flyers home playoff games are in hd on Comcast Sports Net HD in the greater Philadelphia area. Watched the first game last night....looked really good despite the Flyers loss!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.