AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The masters is stunning in hdtv, being a slower moving picture you really get to see alot less artifacting. I would love to see some screen captures or other pictures as they would be truly amazing.

thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
All the above images have been transcoded from bmp to jpg and then resized to fit under the 640X640 max limit. Unfortunately, this significantly detracts from their quality. Is there a more lossless way to attach these?

Still learning.

Tim

·
Registered
375 Posts
Well, you can host the pics on your personal web space, and then simply provide a link to the pics. That will work, and be in full resolution/size. The only limit is your bandwidth/space.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TimothyP
Here's one that's not so good (note the blue outlines on the white caddies shirts).
I saw the blue outlines also. I think that camera was SD, not HD, just based on the difference in the PQ. I also think that camera went in to the shop for repairs right after they went off the air. Looks like there are some problems with it.

Mike K.

·
Registered
440 Posts
It is common for consumer digital cameras to show this "blue fringing" effect. I think what's happening is that the CCD is detecting blue from the UV end of the spectrum. A shot in the dark; maybe they're using low-end HD cameras.

-Mani

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ManiG
A shot in the dark; maybe they're using low-end HD cameras.
What?

There is no such thing.

For the umpteenth time, there are 10 SD handheld cameras being used. It looks like some of them are having problems or the integration into the HD broadcast is having problems.

Even the SD cameras are broadcast quality products, costing well over $10k a piece.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I've been watchin the masters, I dunno, I personally havent been impressed much with the quality of the broadcast.. I dont think its something to really show off HD with.. Some scenes look better than others though..

Chris

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
A mixed bag in HDTV in Toledo Ohio (OTA). Some shots are terrific...others (yes the HD ones...not the SD ones) are just okay.

A terrifying shot of one golfers sun damaged arms :) Gotta love HD

The pixel breakups on rapid movements are a tad disconcerting but not too bad.

It's the content that makes the show. I just watched my svhs recordings of the 1998 Master's with Jack making a charge...very compelling in SD!

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
that is so true!! That would have been fun to watch on Thursday to pass the time during the rain out.

I have always thought the pq varies on the masters I figured it had to do with having some many cameras and a mix of sd an hd... But I still find it very enjoyable... Tho my guests find that mix annoying, sorta taking the can they do it right attitude..

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Are those screen capture or screenshots taken with a digital camera ?

Cause i took a lot of DC shots, and im lightyears beyond your results.

I agree about PQ, mixed results, but its much better than the SD feed, especially on a large screen (110")

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,754 Posts
Regarding the blue halo:

The blue Halo that everyone is now seeing is an anomaly of the lens's. It's

visible on the mini lens (20x) when they are shooting in low light

conditions, in 2x extender with the iris wide open. Its not an HD issue we

also see this in SD 601 - it's just that with the increased HD resolution you

can now see it at home.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Quote:
Are those screen capture or screenshots taken with a digital camera ? Cause i took a lot of DC shots, and im lightyears beyond your results.
OK, audiman....how about posting some of those shots that are 'lightyears' beyond the results of others??? :eek:

Also, how about sharing some info about exactly how you were able to obtain such marvelous results.......what camera, what settings, etc.

Thanks for sharing.:D

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Bob...

Are you saying that the HD broadcast was 'soft' or just that your screen shots are soft?? I agree that the screenshot looks soft. Most of them do.

Not to worry.... audiman is lightyears ahead on this and will be posting some shots as well as the settings/equipment he used so that the rest of us can benefit for his experience. Right, audiman.:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.