AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinda wierd, my UTV remote sometimes stops responding while I am rewinding or fast fowarding. My first guess was to replace the batteries.... NO LUCK. It doesnt do it all the time, but just when I think I will fast foward past some commercials in a recorded program, I go to push play and it will just fast foward for like 5-10 seconds and I will be back to normal... by then Ive just viewed the end of the show I was watching ( I would find myself jumping for the power button on the t.v. so I wouldnt see the end of a show like survivor I was watching... heh..) Anyone else having this problem? Like I said, I cleaned the remote IR face, UTV IR sensor and replaced batteries several times. HELP!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
It's called Runaway FF and there was a huge thread about it a few months back. I have 3 separate UTV's, both Sony and RCA, and I have never had it happen to me. I never saw a resolution to the problem, but most people who were experiencing the problem just stopped using FF and switched to the 30 sec jump. HTH.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Unplug it for 10 minutes... that might help... ??? It's likely that ms changed the software to correct for this but won't know till they release their next upgrade, forthcoming perhaps a month or so.. at best.

·
Registered
39 Posts
yeah, it's happened to a lot of us. have a look at the old thread if you are curious.. seems like the os got busy doing some background task and is unresponsive to keypad presses for ten or fifteen seconds. microsoft would call it a "feature" rather than a bug.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I have never had that happen on my UTVs (not yet, anyway) but my Dishplayer just started doing it in the past week.

I had thought it was evidence of the HD going bad. And in the case of my DP it still might be (other symptoms too).

·
Registered
592 Posts
I never had it happen on any of my 3 UTVs (and secretly I thought you guys were nuts :D ), but it started happening to me about a month ago; and it seems to happen more and more often as time goes on.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I've counted how many times I've used ff and it usually happens around the 15-20 time, you hit the fasy forward button. Its annoying as hell and I hope it is fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.