AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a couple of people have posted they have seen it etc. I am wondering if possible an old ex-X1'er has upgraded and can post some comments

·
Registered
428 Posts
Just did last week. All I can say is, if you can afford it UPGRADE! The picture looks so much better, the added resolution really helps in HD. Also the brightness is night and day, I couldnt watch my X1 during the day at all because it became so washed out, but with the X3 I can watch it pretty much anytime. Definitely worth the upgrade.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I will, I actually just moved in to a new home with an unfinished HT room (waiting for a low cost 720p projector for that room), so I am using my X1 as a rec room tv, only problem is I can have very lil light in the room so I think the X3 will be perfect. I am going to CEDIA in a few weeks, so I hope Infocus has a demo on hand. Thanks for your input

·
Registered
158 Posts
I believe the X3 is a great upgrade for HDTV, the extra resolution and brightness really shows. The only problem I've had is getting the colors calibrated. I think I am close, watched Spiderman 1 (superbit) and it looked awesome. I have the DVD player pretty well set with DVE, but the HDTV source (Dish 921) just doesn't seem right, but getting close.

Good luck

·
Registered
914 Posts
I've been really tempted to do the oh-so-simple swap out for my X1.

Maybe when the prices hit the serious X1/X1a/X2 rock bottom we're seeing I'll pick one up and stay kind of one step behind the expensive new stuff...but still get to upgrade.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I know there are alot of variables, but want to see what everybody is coming up with for settings, especially color.

I will post mine when I get home.

Thanks,

Jay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.