AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm here at the AVS I guess I'll ask this question. I have a radeon 8500. I just picked up another monitor for dual monitor pleasures. I do alot of video editing... Anyway I can not get this to work. Do I need a special cable or do I just run one monitor of the VGA port and the other monitor off the DVI port "with VGA adapter"? I have all the latest drivers and know how to use them. Anyone know how to make this work. All I get is the same image on each monitor using the two ports, err.

Now I did get it to work yesterday with one monitor and my TV off the s-video jack but I can't get it to work with two monitors. Oh and yes the monitors are the same brand.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Monkey_Man

Getting two monitors to display is the first step to sucess. From there, go to the display control panel - monitor - click on '->' (one of 3 graphic indicator boxes of 'O','v' and '->'), and the secondary monitor would display a side way extension.

Ming

·
Registered
17 Posts
There is no special cable. just the DVI to VGA adapter. Makesure you have turned off the TV output. I have found that the card will not run 2 monitors and the TV out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.