AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was told by my friend who works at a firm called OLENS...I have never heard of it, but he said their about to launch a projector for only $250! I was wondering if anyone else had heard about it or had some info on it since that sounds like a price I would be willing to pay. I'll ask him and try and get some info if no one knows then ill let you all know

·
Registered
935 Posts
People on this forum will undoubtedly savage this projector. But as usual it has a target market, and for that market this projector works reasonably well. It's portable and includes built-in speakers. Throw in cheap $30 lamps and this would make an ideal mobile gaming projector. It's certainly far better than the zoombox projector and compares well with the Infocus IN1. Of the two, I'd probably take the IN1 although it's more expensive and the lamps are much more, but you get what you pay for. A new projector for $250 with a reasonably bright 270 watt lamp: Not bad.

Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks buffalo Jim and Roger loco, looks like it ain't so cheap after all! Anyways I got more info on it and the website that will sell it is thesecreteprojector.com - launching early august. Again, my buddy who works for olens told me this so I don't really know too much about it. He sent me a pic in the email he sent

·
Banned
9,076 Posts
Only 300 hour lamp life. That is ten lamps to match one 3,000 hour lamp. No savings there even at $30.00 a lamp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts